Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

19581 - 19600 of 19618 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
One of the reasons he was so keen to come to WA was to meet with his candidates for the next election.

Quite funny really, he has pretty much ensured that no one here would cast a solitary vote in his favour anyway, so why bother?

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
Do you know which mines Haggie? Just so I know what to avoid if possible haha!

Google might know I’ll ask him.
You are probably working for him now lol. Mineralogy (ore) and Waratah (coal).

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
You are probably working for him now lol. Mineralogy (ore) and Waratah (coal).
Nah I do about 75% on a gold mine, 20% Rio Tinto and 5% elsewhere, I’ll have to enlist a third party to lob his arse in to a crusher 👍

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,764 Posts
He has been mining in WA since the eighties.

He is the atypical Queenslander. Born in Victoria. Victoria can have him back.
Yeah, nah.
We're all ready up shyte creek, don't need another fat tool hanging off the edge of boat trying to capsize it.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,386 Posts
Isn't he just the male version of Gina?

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
nissan
393 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
Yes, contradicts the argument that the govt had ‘no choice’ but to stick their grubby mitts into it.

Maybe they actually realized how poorly it would reflect on them if heaven forbid the 91% of sandgropers remembered it come the next election...

·
Registered
2010 GU DX CRD Grenade :)
637 Posts
Do you know which mines Haggie? Just so I know what to avoid if possible haha!

Google might know I’ll ask him.
Sino iron as far as I know. Up near Karratha.

Reactions: Leethal

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,232 Posts
Yes, contradicts the argument that the govt had ‘no choice’ but to stick their grubby mitts into it.

Maybe they actually realized how poorly it would reflect on them if heaven forbid the 91% of sandgropers remembered it come the next election...
No it doesn't. Their submission will still form part of the evidence that the court bases its decision on. They just aren't bothering to send the Solicitor General along to court each day.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,134 Posts
They still had a choice... and knowing how pissed everyone here is about it, the hypocrisy of closing the Vic/NSW border and yet taking legal action to force WA to open theirs, if they’d had the remotest semblance of an intellect they would have at least made an effort to pretend they were resisting offering any input, but forced into it, but the fed govt was falling all over itself and frothing at the mouth to get its two bobs worth in. It’s not even in the high court yet. The feds have not even made the slightest effort to suggest their input was anything but voluntary.

On the radio the other day it was suggested that if anyone in the fed govt had half a brain, they’d sit back and look at what WA’s mining is doing to prop up the Australian economy, and be grateful that Covid is currently under control here. We are, on this issue, fortunate that we have hundreds of kms of desert between our population and adjacent states, unlike others with towns literally on their borders. It’s almost unbelievable so many elements want our borders forced open, I wonder how smug they’ll all be if we end up in the same situation as Victoria? Just ONE case could start that tsunami, and that blood will be squarely on the hands of the sniveling shlt who threw his toys out of the cot because he thought he was too important to quarantine like the peasants.

God help the federal govt at the next election if we get steamrolled by covid because our borders get forced open, and as for the economy when mines start closing if covid gets in to mine camps... yeah good luck with that.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
I paid big $$$ for our reverse cycle AC, went to use it tonight and this message came up. Have sent emails, less than 12 months old. 🤬
3392448E-6D19-4EC0-A006-CA1D5731AF9A.png
FFF5C99E-60AA-4348-BD99-F6C53F0B1A39.png

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
nissan
497 Posts
Just about to hop into bed and can hear a hissing/running water noise from outside near the hot water system. Go out and check it and water is pouring down inside the unit where the gas ring is.

Had to turn water off at the mains as the shut off tap on the unit doesn't seem to be closing off fully. Looks like we're gonna need a new unit.

On the plus side we are in a rental so someone else gets to foot the bill.

19581 - 19600 of 19618 Posts