Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I have had enough of my Chip-it chip and looking to buy something better. I'm sick of this thing barely giving me any extra power than stock. I still can't maintain 100km/h going uphill towing my 1 ton camper van when my buddy in a stock Triton can overtake me on the same will with his two ton Haynes Hunter boat on the back! WTF?

Can somebody recommend a decent chip that won't stuff my engine and greate good power?

thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
nissan
643 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you mate and ready to ditch the chip-it.
Been following a bunch of guys doing ECU remapping of the factory unit with some really good results.
They are going from 70rwkw standard to 117 with a tune on a standard vehicle and better with intercooler and exhaust . Lower egts and better fuel economy too.
Still not 100% sold on it though but i spoke with the guy today and he says he's done 30 odd CRD patrols so far with great results.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,823 Posts
I'm with you jakster I'm still hesitant on ecu flashing. If something goes wrong how can you go back to standard to get home

·
Registered
nissan
498 Posts
following this with interest. Just bought an 08 CRD ute. Stock as at this stage but have just had a 3" mandrel exhaust delivered and am keen to chip as well. As I said, watching with interest for opinions....

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
I wish I could get a descent chip for a TD42t, From what I've heard there isn't enough electronics on the old girl

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
569 Posts
Unichip times a million

Sent from my iPhone using the hunt and peck method of typing!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about the Chip Tuning Dominator? Anybody had any experience with that one?

·
Registered
nissan
648 Posts
What about the Chip Tuning Dominator? Anybody had any experience with that one?
Your original post states you are sick of the Chip It.

Is Chip Tuning ( Robert in Sydney ) just the last remaining arm of Chip It. Thus the Dominator he sells and the Chip It you have ( assuming it is not one of the Dominator series) would be basically the same thing.

If I am correct.... Don't touch it.

Unichip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Chip Tuning was selling Chip It chips well before Chip It went down. Last I heard the chips were still being made over here in Perth. However unlike Justin, Robert isn't a money-hungry d*ck so chances at he's fixed the issues and they probably work better. Having said that, UNICHIP is probably the best on the market, other DP is very reliable for a rail chip.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts