Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm i'n the market for a compressor outlet to inflate my tires... What do u guys run... What do u reckonmend

·
Banned
682 Posts
I have owned and run a ARB high volume comp. and I was impressed with it but I have been looking around also but think I will be going with another ARB unit with a tank this time. The only reason I need another is because I sold it with the truck.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
I bought a TJM compressor looks exactly the same as numerous brands and seems just as fast as my ARB under bonnet compressor.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I bought a TJM compressor looks exactly the same as numerous brands and seems just as fast as my ARB under bonnet compressor.

Cheers

Justin
If it's the one I'm thinking of then take your time with it as they get too hot.
My mate keeps taking his back and changing it after each trip :headwall:
Usually the airline gets too hot around the fitting to the compressor and causes a leak but last time it kept making the noise whilst letting the tyre down.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
big boss compressor , it will run all day without over heating , all parts are available if required, works great with an air tank, can even handle being submerged under water and still work fine after

mine is mounted under my winch and i probly should hook up a snorkle of sorts so i dont have to turn it off when under water , but it still runs fine

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
If it's the one I'm thinking of then take your time with it as they get too hot.
My mate keeps taking his back and changing it after each trip :headwall:
Usually the airline gets too hot around the fitting to the compressor and causes a leak but last time it kept making the noise whilst letting the tyre down.
Yes mate I think it is the one you are thinking of! You need gloves to disconnect. The barrel is not that hot though only the head and fitting.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
I've got the ARB model fitted under the bonnet. It's run faultlessly since we had it installed, runs quickly and doesnt seem to have any issues, even when reinflating tyres on several vehicles at once. I also bought the ARB guage and chuck - really useful.

It's the only one I've had, so can't really compare it, but have heard some horror stories from mates who have tried the cheaper models.

There was a full review of compressors in one of the 4x4 mags fairly recently. I tried to find it online, but couldnt. There was a reference to it (issue 131 4wd monthly maybe), but I'll see if I can find it at home and scan it in for you.

·
Registered
Nissan
142 Posts
There was a full review of compressors in one of the 4x4 mags fairly recently. I tried to find it online, but couldnt. There was a reference to it (issue 131 4wd monthly maybe), but I'll see if I can find it at home and scan it in for you.
I found the issue, it was 4WD Action, issue 131. I've scanned in the article and the link is below. It's about 4Mb, but reasonable quality, and in colour. I hope the publishers/admins don't mind me posting it. I love having the library of old copies, so I'd recommend you subscribe if you don't already. Whenever I want to buy something new for the Trol, I've got a great collection of back issues with a whole series of comparos.

Air Compressor Comparo.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts