Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What did you do to your GU/GQ Patrol today?

2M views 17K replies 2K participants last post by  Mungrel 
#1 ·
So as the title says, what did you do to your patrol today, fitted a 6" lift or just swapped some tyres over?

Ill start, today i removed about 50m of unused wiring that was in the car when i got it and the 5 relays that done NOTHING! and 2 switches on the dash that went no where.
Then i put a missile switch and rocker switch on the dash so i can winch in the comfort of my cab with out having hang out the window with the controller :)

Then i took it for a drive :)

#2 ·
On mine:

Changed the supposedly 4" springs in the front for some actual 4" springs. Funny, it sits about and inch and half lower now. :rolleyes: At least it's level now.

Took the old cable off the PTO winch, and put on a brand new Warn high-mount cable. All 48 metres of it fitted on with room to spare.. :p

Was going to take the rear swaybar release mechanism off to figure out how to extend it 4" so I can put the rear swaybar back on. Looks like I'm going to have to drop the belly tank to get it out. :evil: It can wait for another weekend.

On a mates:

New brake rotors on the front.

#3 ·
right - well normally i would not be posting anytihing because im a lazy bum and dont do anything.
But today happened to me the day

replaced rear sway bar bushes
wired new trailer plug
wired new anderson plug
reanwilre for brake controller and installed unit in cab
replaced left hand engine mount

thats enough for one day - tomorrow it gets a wash

#1,352 ·
Hey danman-gq,

can you notice the difference in the feel of the truck after replacing the rear sway bar bushes because mine are quite loose.

#7 ·
I looked at it, got depressed about not being able to drive it off road due to having just had an internal organ removed.

started it, let it run for a while to keep the battery good, stopped it, went inside.

On the up side, i've been given some free money to spend on it.

The deal is get our old 92 charade road worthy and sell it. I can spend the profit on the GQ.

Should be enough for some tyres and wheels hopfuly with change to buy a cheap box trailer and some steel to turn it into a half decent camping (not 'camper) trailer.

#25 ·
I looked at it, got depressed about not being able to drive it off road due to having just had an internal organ removed.

started it, let it run for a while to keep the battery good, stopped it, went inside.

On the up side, i've been given some free money to spend on it.

The deal is get our old 92 charade road worthy and sell it. I can spend the profit on the GQ.

Should be enough for some tyres and wheels hopfuly with change to buy a cheap box trailer and some steel to turn it into a half decent camping (not 'camper) trailer.
Strewth...getting an organ removed is gettin a bit bloody serious..... I hope it wasn't your heart???;)

Seriously, I hope you get back behind the wheel asap.....

Roachie

#11 ·
fixed some dents in the roof , door , sill and body on the drivers side , threw on a quick lick of paint for colour to the affected areas , patched up the fiberglass flares which had rather large pieces missing probly do some of the passenger side dings tomorrow and if i get exited i might look at widening the flares

#15 ·
fitted my roof rack and spotties up, didnt get a chance to wire it up though (but in 2 hours we didnt do too bad)

next weekend is the reversing cameras

#16 ·
Fiddled about finding a place for a mounting bracket for the gps, got underneath with the grease gun and gave everything a good dose of healthy clean new grease. I need to cut out a bit of the bullbar plate to allow easier access to the locking hub on my winch, so might do that this avo, also want to pull the wire off, lubricate the spool and feed the wire back on...plus it's getting close to beer o'clock :bananada:

GOOD thread yumpet!!

Reactions: JenoNT
#21 ·
I totally ignored mine yesterday and went and had a look at a Jeep Wrangler. When I went to go out today it didn't want to start. I think I'm being punished for being unfaithful :(

#26 ·
I tidied-up a bit of air-line hose fitting and moved the front Ryco outlet onto a different part of the bullbar.

On Friday I fitted-up the little gizmo between the filter housing and the filter, in readiness for fitting a McNally oil pressure/temp gauge when I finally get around to ordering it. I didn't take it for a test drive immediately; but on Friday night I drove the 34klm to/from Moonta to get a Chinese feed. Yesterday morning when I went out to the carport, friggin oil all over the joint. BUGGAR!!! Cleaned it all up and re-fitted the gizmo with some Stag to help seal everything this time. Took it for a short drive and it seems to be okay now...

There's always something going on with my Chev-Nissan.:rolleyes: