Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

14801 - 14820 of 14858 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I’ve installed a 75 Ah lithium battery and projecta DC-DC charger.
The battery was $950 from DCS, and I got the Projecta for $299.
I’m keen on the benefits of the lithium, only time will tell if it’s value for money, but I think it will be.

You can see that the 75 Ah battery is slightly shorter than a standard N70 size battery, that has given me about 40mm of space to put some heat protection in, as well as a wooden mounting bracket for the charger.

The one thing I’m not sure about is whether I need the temperature sensing wire. Projecta says cut it off if it’s not required, but doesn’t really explain when you need it and when you don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,855 Posts
I’ve installed a 75 Ah lithium battery and projecta DC-DC charger.
The battery was $950 from DCS, and I got the Projecta for $299.
I’m keen on the benefits of the lithium, only time will tell if it’s value for money, but I think it will be.

You can see that the 75 Ah battery is slightly shorter than a standard N70 size battery, that has given me about 40mm of space to put some heat protection in, as well as a wooden mounting bracket for the charger.

The one thing I’m not sure about is whether I need the temperature sensing wire. Projecta says cut it off if it’s not required, but doesn’t really explain when you need it and when you don’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Refer this to @Yeti's Beast he’s our resident battery expert. Trust him, he gives good advice. 👍

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,047 Posts
Refer this to @Yeti's Beast he’s our resident battery expert. Trust him, he gives good advice.
I don’t know
Kidding
It’s definitely needed in the engine bay as without it heat from the engine will cause the charger to over charge the battery. With the temp sensor, it will derate the charge when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,285 Posts
Put the Trol back on the ground after the major service, then took it for a drive down the coast to Caloundra, then back home via the highway, all the time marveling at how well it performs :), seems to get gooderer everyday. I love my, old but still very effective, DI 👍 :giggle:🏎❤❤

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,552 Posts
since we've been in lockdown thpight I'd kill the boredom by spending the last couple of days doing the change over of trays from steel to aluminium.

Reasonably sraight forward given they're the same brand and exact same dimensions.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
Did a CEM engine oil flush yesterday. Man doing 3 oil changes in one day is a pain but I know it's as good as it can be now.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,285 Posts

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
988 Posts
Initially thought you were doing something like this the other day, but then you were talking about the cheery blossom season and so wondered if it was syrup or liqueur brewing @ 20C:)

Hello all
How are you? Covid-19 is OK?
The cherry blossoms are in good season, but it is a quiet spring with no self-restraint.
It's okay around me, but I can't be careful.

View attachment 517752

·
Registered
nissan
1,990 Posts
Initially thought you were doing something like this the other day, but then you were talking about the cheery blossom season and so wondered if it was syrup or liqueur brewing @ 20C:)
Hi 
The cherry blossoms are blooming beautifully right now, but they don't go out with coronavirus. I work while imagining the gear as a cherry blossom.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,841 Posts
I was doing some reconnaissance wire tracing today for a future "project" I'm working on so I had the lower dash apart. I noticed that some of the fuses in the panel below the steering wheel were upside down, so I pulled them out and turned them over...

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,285 Posts
I was doing some reconnaissance wire tracing today for a future "project" I'm working on so I had the lower dash apart. I noticed that some of the fuses in the panel below the steering wheel were upside down, so I pulled them out and turned them over...

View attachment 518621
Nothing worse than symetrical OCD, symetry is everything. I drive my wife crazy with it :).

14801 - 14820 of 14858 Posts