Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

14981 - 15000 of 15031 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well I scored a Quadlock case for my phone a couple of months ago.
And eventually brought a Quadlock holder for my bike. And the wireless charger to go in the car.
I already have a Clipon phone holder (google ‘hold my phone’). So went about making the Quadlock screw onto it.
Required a couple of new holes. Stealing some nuts and bolts from the radio controlled cars.
And hay presto. I now have a wireless charger phone holder thingy in the car.

Yes I know it needs a clean. And use I know the stupid iPad holder has marked the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,411 Posts
Did couppe quick jobs other day
Finally fitted my quick fist and now shovel mounted at rear if tray it otherwise unsed spot.

Then started sorting my manual glow plug switch.
Got the switch mounted,
tried working out wiring straight from timer plug, but no luck.

Would love to set it up so the dash light would light up when you push the button, but trying not to have a mess of wires under the dash, and limit how many wires go through fire wall.

Decided finalky to just get smaller miggas bottle, as bunnings didnt have any bigger ones coming in yet, plus got a roll of gasless wire, new tips and shrouds.

Gotta move next month, then will get started on the new head board.
Will no longer have a garage to work in, hence the gasless wire for working out side with.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,841 Posts
Polished my big Bonnet Scoop, there's got to be 10Hp and another L/100k less in that :).

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,841 Posts
Greasy Oil done and now ready for trip, had done 1200K since head and oil cooler were replaced so I did a flush as the oil I had put in was some old stuff I was trying to get rid of and thought it would make a good flushing oil. Got hold of my usual Delo400 MGX (getting hard to get hold of 20L drums now????). Couldn't find any local but eventually found 2 x 10L drums over at Nambour Repco, that will keep me going for a while.

Re installed my temporary IC case temp reader for the trip to Hideaway Bay to get a bit more data. Vehicle is packed and ready, wishing tomorrow was Sunday now.... Should be on dirt back roads north by 0830Hrs.

With my last fillup recorded 9.9L/100k (whoooooohoooooo) I decided to polish the big mouth scoop again so probably another 1L less per 100k now also cleaned engine bay, so that is probably worth another 1 less :rolleyes:......

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Those big mouth scoops are a lifesaver. Only dorks don’t have them. 🤣😉

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Took the green waste to the tip.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,262 Posts
Got rid of vibration thru steering whl today (cause front wheels @ nom 85 kph), exchanged fronts to rear _ fixed/rolling well.

For 12 months have had like an ABS fault, seemed like the front brakes were grabbing / locking up erratically in wet and on gravel (unpredictable/dangerous). Fixed by replacing front brake pads. The pads that caused the issue were some Ferodo pads (right part #) but think the compound was very hard and showed up in excessive rotor wear but the disks are fine. Only a slight circumferential wear lip.

Changed oil and clean MAF. Do some more tomorrow, smear some grease and clean / relube pod filter. Thought the filter housing was going to fail as was so tight.

Slow start to the day but all worked out.

14981 - 15000 of 15031 Posts