Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
15021 - 15040 of 15305 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,192 Posts
Saw a turtle shell floating in the Boat Harbour recently. Didn’t have any wax on it though, just a few limpet shells.

·
Registered
33,169 Posts
Oh, how remiss of me!!!!!!!! but, but, but, you indicated you couldn't be bothered waxing so I assumed your interest was for post content purposes only :unsure:.

All Turtle Wax products. the last being Turtle Wax Hard Shell.
Yes I did indicate I couldn't get bothered waxing but I didn't indicate that about polishing...

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,447 Posts
Outstanding!!!

940KM of motoring pleasure. Can't believe the difference! EGT's still a bit high but might have to get that Dork scoop. One of the blokes that come down his DI pulled the pin leaving Adelaide :( Up side for me he has an almost new Johnny Tig top mount... So depends what we he ends up going i could score me a cheap cooler upgrade. :D

The seagull is circling. :LOL:
So leaving Adelaide you would have climbed the SE Freeway? With a stock CRD I backed off on that thing when EGT struck 550c about 1/3rd of the way up. Was literally getting passed by Yarises.
I'd recommend the Johny Tig upgrade.
Is your Patrol auto?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,588 Posts
So leaving Adelaide you would have climbed the SE Freeway? With a stock CRD I backed off on that thing when EGT struck 550c about 1/3rd of the way up. Was literally getting passed by Yarises.
I'd recommend the Johny Tig upgrade.
Is your Patrol auto?
Mine is auto I was just crusing up in 3rd at about 90kmh sitting on around 400c. I want to go back unloaded and no yak on the roof and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,007 Posts
I had to double check my records, but mainly thanks to the BAT FLU, I started, drove and washed my Patrol today for the first time in 279 DAYS! I forgot how it feels to drive the thing. Really missed it. :)

View attachment 526051
Isn't it a wonderful feeling :love:? Mine hadn't been driven since March (unless you count moving it a few feet backwards and forwards in July :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,959 Posts
Isn't it a wonderful feeling :love:? Mine hadn't been driven since March (unless you count moving it a few feet backwards and forwards in July :rolleyes:)
Oh it's been forwards and backwards on numerous occasions... inside the garage... by hand. :sneaky:

I had the dash out twice to tidy up wiring, fitted new EGT and Boost gauges (which I still need to wire up btw) fitted a boost sensor on the IC and wrapped all the silver bits inside with carbon fibre wrap, but I intentionally avoided starting the engine to try and avoid unnecessary cold start wear & tear.

It was covered in dust and needed a wash. The weather was nice today so I thought today is as good a day as any.

The batteries were generally on trickle charge for 48 - 72 hours per week. Fired up first time.

Had a few fault codes... ABS (often get that when messing with the battery), Boost sensor (because I disconnected it when I removed the IC) and fuel pump (weird one :unsure:). Cleared them all and none came back. So all in all, a good day!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,158 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Y61 Nissan Patrol 3.0L TD30 wagon
288 Posts
Gave her a good tub after a trip down south and changed the oil and filter, she's looking and running the goods again...

The wife asked why she didn't get as many compliments as the 'trol, to which I replied, "you gotta earn them!"

Wasn't spoken to for the rest of the afternoon :)

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
594 Posts
Had my uhf radio in the centre console for ages, but wasn't happy with it.
Spilt drinks being the main problem.
So i thought i'd use the useless waste of space that the sunglass holder is.
More of a small microwave oven, it gets that hot in there.

So i pulled it out & wacked the lil micro uhf in there.

Along with copious amounts of insulation.
Insulated the cut out in the hood lining too.

So now she lives up there.
Moderatly pleased with my handiwork.

Attachments

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,698 Posts
My car has spent six weeks with a good mate who is a body builder.

No one makes an off the shelf rear bar that comes remotely close to what I want, so custom it is.

I utterly despise over centre latches, Kaymar latches, and all the other stupid ones everyone uses, so I supplied self latching units to be used. I supplied the tail lights I wanted (hella 2378s), the reverse lights (stedi flush mount, I only wanted one but he thought I was that anal and OCD that he assumed I had wanted one on each side but only gave him one for hole sizing purposes, so I had to order a second). I also supplied a caravan type 240v input so I could wire it to run fridge and a battery charger if 240v is available, either at home, generator, or caravan park on odd occasion.

He didn’t do the chequerplate top yet, he is awaiting his new pressbrake to be delivered early January as he is going to make a plate with an upturned lip under the body, but even for just a couple of weeks I couldn’t stomach the unfinished look of the top so I bodged up a temporary bad boy for the short term. There is a hole in the middle for my reverse camera.

I also wanted it coated n the Hollywood urethane coating to match the bull bar.

He made me a double jerry can holder for the left side, that’s not on in these pics, I’ll just fit it on the odd occasion when I’ll need it. I don’t need two spares so I specified the spare being fitted in as close as practical to the factory spot.

The latching mechanism can be operated by one finger, and wheel opens with gas strut assistance. It closes with less pressure than the car’s actual doors. It also has a small tab with a hole drilled so I can padlock it shut, if you can’t open the wheel,carrier, you can’t open the right barn door, or any drawers, or get to the fridge. There is provision for a drop down vice mount behind the wheel, the same as I had on my GQ, I just have to buy a small vice to suit, and weld a braced plate on to the arm to finish that off. I’ll get to that shortly.

To say I’m happy with the whole thing is the mother of all understatements, it is next level in the user friendly department.

I also fitted a pair of Hollywood fully functional rear tail lights in the body work, I love the look of these, they’re fantastic.

All up I am over the moon with it, very happy!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,158 Posts
15021 - 15040 of 15305 Posts