Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

15021 - 15030 of 15030 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Saw a turtle shell floating in the Boat Harbour recently. Didn’t have any wax on it though, just a few limpet shells.

·
Registered
33,170 Posts
Oh, how remiss of me!!!!!!!! but, but, but, you indicated you couldn't be bothered waxing so I assumed your interest was for post content purposes only :unsure:.

All Turtle Wax products. the last being Turtle Wax Hard Shell.
Yes I did indicate I couldn't get bothered waxing but I didn't indicate that about polishing...

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,093 Posts
Outstanding!!!

940KM of motoring pleasure. Can't believe the difference! EGT's still a bit high but might have to get that Dork scoop. One of the blokes that come down his DI pulled the pin leaving Adelaide :( Up side for me he has an almost new Johnny Tig top mount... So depends what we he ends up going i could score me a cheap cooler upgrade. :D

The seagull is circling. :LOL:
So leaving Adelaide you would have climbed the SE Freeway? With a stock CRD I backed off on that thing when EGT struck 550c about 1/3rd of the way up. Was literally getting passed by Yarises.
I'd recommend the Johny Tig upgrade.
Is your Patrol auto?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
So leaving Adelaide you would have climbed the SE Freeway? With a stock CRD I backed off on that thing when EGT struck 550c about 1/3rd of the way up. Was literally getting passed by Yarises.
I'd recommend the Johny Tig upgrade.
Is your Patrol auto?
Mine is auto I was just crusing up in 3rd at about 90kmh sitting on around 400c. I want to go back unloaded and no yak on the roof and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,492 Posts
I had to double check my records, but mainly thanks to the BAT FLU, I started, drove and washed my Patrol today for the first time in 279 DAYS! I forgot how it feels to drive the thing. Really missed it. :)

View attachment 526051
Isn't it a wonderful feeling :love:? Mine hadn't been driven since March (unless you count moving it a few feet backwards and forwards in July :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,284 Posts
Isn't it a wonderful feeling :love:? Mine hadn't been driven since March (unless you count moving it a few feet backwards and forwards in July :rolleyes:)
Oh it's been forwards and backwards on numerous occasions... inside the garage... by hand. :sneaky:

I had the dash out twice to tidy up wiring, fitted new EGT and Boost gauges (which I still need to wire up btw) fitted a boost sensor on the IC and wrapped all the silver bits inside with carbon fibre wrap, but I intentionally avoided starting the engine to try and avoid unnecessary cold start wear & tear.

It was covered in dust and needed a wash. The weather was nice today so I thought today is as good a day as any.

The batteries were generally on trickle charge for 48 - 72 hours per week. Fired up first time.

Had a few fault codes... ABS (often get that when messing with the battery), Boost sensor (because I disconnected it when I removed the IC) and fuel pump (weird one :unsure:). Cleared them all and none came back. So all in all, a good day!

15021 - 15030 of 15030 Posts