Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

15041 - 15056 of 15056 Posts

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,040 Posts
Thank you Ross I couldnt read engine number by rust st first . I will take block machine shop after clean up bolt holes.
Just a question does the block deck need machining?. Are you going to remove the liners before machining?. Liner protrusion is important unless you are going to Oring the liners/block.

·
Registered
nissan
2,057 Posts
Just a question does the block deck need machining?. Are you going to remove the liners before machining?. Liner protrusion is important unless you are going to Oring the liners/block.
Ask the machine shop to replace the 1/6 liner, all cylinder honing, and cam bush replacement.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,233 Posts
Removed and replaced intake pipe, re fitted intercooler and washed inside and out.

Looks far more presentable. Well it will for 5 minutes.

Gotta pull my finger out and do service. Still haven't replaced that belt tensioner or bonnet struts yet..

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,549 Posts
or bonnet struts yet..
Haaa, bonnet struts, mine were ok, I went to a cooler area, lifted the bonnet to check stuff, stuck my head in the engine bay and got whacked in the back of the head. New struts as soon as I got home. eBay specials.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,513 Posts
Gotta pull my finger out and do service.
I always do my annual service late-Jan, early-Feb with oil bought on Boxing Day Sales from SCA. Oil is on special now until 10 Jan, I think... Bought my usual Castrol Edge 5W-30 FullSyn on Sunday. 50% off.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,233 Posts
I always do my annual service late-Jan, early-Feb with oil bought on Boxing Day Sales from SCA. Oil is on special now until 10 Jan, I think... Bought my usual Castrol Edge 5W-30 FullSyn on Sunday. 50% off.
I'll be sure to pick some up then if it's that cheap.

I did at least change the aircleaner element while I had the intake off. :rolleyes:

At the rate I'm going I'll be servicing almost every couple of months next year. (Oil drop every 7500, 1000km/week)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,443 Posts
Fitted new mirrors.
Took longer than im happy to admit but got there in the end.

Can finally see past the tray now, the old wagon ones werent cutting it.
And the passenger one had died a while back....some idiot tried fiddling with it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Finished installing the Car Builders Sound deadener kit through the Cabin. Installed the ARB Twin Air-compressor under the drivers seat. ran the cabling for the dual battery system, air-compressor and solar input from the cabin into the engine bay.

Now I'm finally at a point where i can start designing and building the rear cargo area and dual battery power.🛠🛠

·
Registered
nissan
1,812 Posts
Fitted new mirrors.
Took longer than im happy to admit but got there in the end.

Can finally see past the tray now, the old wagon ones werent cutting it.
And the passenger one had died a while back....some idiot tried fiddling with it.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
My dual cab had the same mirrors people seemed to just catch them when walking past when parked at shopping center's annoying so I drilled new holes and moved them in around 45mm never had a problem again just a tip if you get issues.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,087 Posts
Went away on the weekend and my 2nd battery died. So the fridge wasn't running all day while i was away from the car, come back to off food and hot beer :(

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
15,549 Posts
Went away on the weekend and my 2nd battery died. So the fridge wasn't running all day while i was away from the car, come back to off food and hot beer :(
Did you put it on a charger when you got home?

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,415 Posts
And its in this thread why. ????????????

15041 - 15056 of 15056 Posts