Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
15201 - 15220 of 15262 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Cheers mate but you’d probably have to go on Instagram lol

I used to do long winded trip threads on here but they’re time consuming and I’m not sure anyone reads them any more, there are tthreads on the very front page that haven’t been updated for nearly two years! Far cry from the old days.
Still, I might chuck in the odd pic in the chinwagging thread?

We’re planning to try a few more out of the way places where folk rarely go. It’s our fifth time up there and after last year’s lockdowns and no overseas hols it will be crowded in the touristy spots, not my cup of tea.

Camping on remote riverbanks with a fishing rod and crackling campfire, that’s me 👍

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
You're a brave man heading off on a trip like that straight after doing so much work on the vehicle. Are you sure you've put all the bolts back in the right places?

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,433 Posts
Are you questioning Hollywood's mechanical skillz? :oops:

Reactions: Leethal

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
[QUOTE="Leethal, post: 7064027, member: 43072"

We’re planning to try a few more out of the way places where folk rarely go. It’s our fifth time up there and after last year’s lockdowns and no overseas hols it will be crowded in the touristy spots, not my cup of tea.

Camping on remote riverbanks with a fishing rod and crackling campfire, that’s me 👍
[/QUOTE]

Will be very interested to hear what places you find are open or closed along the way. I had heard differing stories that the track out to Walcott Inlet and what's the name of the Bush Camp may or may not be closed. Probably means it will be empty anyway if people don't know.

Have fun, and I know you will make your own adventures.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
[QUOTE="Leethal, post: 7064027, member: 43072"

Will be very interested to hear what places you find are open or closed along the way. I had heard differing stories that the track out to Walcott Inlet and what's the name of the Bush Camp may or may not be closed. Probably means it will be empty anyway if people don't know.

Have fun, and I know you will make your own adventures.
[/QUOTE]

That’s the Munja Track and Bachsten camp, definitely closed this year while the indigenous owners make decisions about it. Very disappointed as it was top of my list, and last time was late in the season and still epic.

Plan to ask Diggers Rest station if I can camp in whoop whoop on their barra infested river for a start....

Nearly packed! Just have to sort my clothes (three pairs of boardies, few t shirts and a beanie should do? Oh, and a pair of undies for clean-undy-mondy)...

off soon 👍

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
Nearly packed! Just have to sort my clothes (three pairs of boardies, few t shirts and a beanie should do? Oh, and a pair of undies for clean-undy-mondy)...

off soon 👍
Don't you love packing for going up north, just as long as you have enough warmth for survival of that first freezing night up near Meekatharra or Newman, after that it's just warm every day.

When we packed for Scotland must be over two years ago now, my god I didn't actually own enough warm clothes to go there even though it was Summer apparently.

Happy travels

·
Registered
nissan
2,222 Posts
Don't you love packing for going up north, just as long as you have enough warmth for survival of that first freezing night up near Meekatharra or Newman, after that it's just warm every day.

When we packed for Scotland must be over two years ago now, my god I didn't actually own enough warm clothes to go there even though it was Summer apparently.

Happy travels
Hahahaha, a not uncommon problem. I had to rush home for a family emergency once and I had just flown from Darwin to Brissie to pick up the patrol after it had the conversion done. all I had clothes wise was a hoody, a pair of jeans, one pair of socks and a few T-shirts and shorts and a pair of converse sneakers 🙄 Get off the plane in Inverness and it’s -9° with the windchill, it’s snowing and the hire car is covered in ice 🙄🙄🙄🤪

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,367 Posts
I found the windscreen leaking and resealed it with bl -oops other coloured mastic,and there is a strip of RUST,so it's in to be repaired at the end of winter,we'll do a complete body strip-out and repair and paint the whole car like factory.While it's away,a freshen up set of rings,bearings core plugs and replace that weepy head gasket,maybe install the turbo kit I made up err years ago.🎅 before the engine goes back in.Dyna mat the body,better than new for another 28yrs and 500k 👍

·
Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
124 Posts
While visiting my sons here in Perth I pulled out my seatbelts yesterday and took them to a place in Welshpool & had the webbing replaced. Picked up today & reinstalled. Must say I’m a happy little vegemite job well done. I get out of the Ute 1st time and try to feed the belt back in, oops don’t need to already done.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Had O'Briens around to replace windscreen. Great guy and after talking to him about possible rust in the surround, he said he would come and get me when the old screen was out. Sure enough he found this spot and said he was happy to come back and fit the new screen after I had patched it. I was very impressed with his attitude and helpfulness. The rust spot was nowhere near the crack in the screen, it is above the driver where the crack was on the bottom in front of the passenger. Happy to get it at this early stage.

·
Registered
nissan
441 Posts
Plugs and leads on the TB45 weren't too hard to get to.

Might do the harmonic balancer seal today

Reactions: GQ bush man

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
Pulled the front radius arms out to get new bushes fitted, think I should have done it sooner 😳
20210609_122436.jpg

Explains why it's been handling so bad lately.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
Just looked up my service records, they've been in 11 years, but only done 58k km, the originals lasted around 170k km. Will be getting rubber ones this time.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
269 Posts
New battery today,bosch has lasted 4y 5months,another the same (y),sump leak still hasn't healed,might do it after repairing the chainsaw,spraying weeds,splitting firewood and reloading 223.:giggle:
Gday Grumpy is it a leak from the sump gasket? I had that recently more a little weep not a drip leak brought a gasket but havent got to it yet lol.
Got under had a look and the screws holding the sump were quiet loose on the passenger side where the weep is. Tightened and its helped alot but i do know that once oil gets between the gasket it be buggered so have to change anyways.

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,367 Posts
Gday Grumpy is it a leak from the sump gasket? I had that recently more a little weep not a drip leak brought a gasket but havent got to it yet lol.
Got under had a look and the screws holding the sump were quiet loose on the passenger side where the weep is. Tightened and its helped alot but i do know that once oil gets between the gasket it be buggered so have to change anyways.
Yep,sump off,clean it all down,black silicon and refit,messy job.but what else would I be doing on a wet day,? 🍻🥩🥓🍕

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,426 Posts
On the weekend, appreciated it.

Making a to-do list of odds and ends that need tidying up.

15201 - 15220 of 15262 Posts