Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

15221 - 15232 of 15232 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,353 Posts
A couple of years ago the mast for the antenna stripped again... Bloody thing, so i finally fixed it this morning.

Popped the head unit out and cut the wire for it, so i don't have to hear it running then i start/stop the car. (y)

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,419 Posts
A couple of years ago the mast for the antenna stripped again... Bloody thing, so i finally fixed it this morning.

Popped the head unit out and cut the wire for it, so i don't have to hear it running then i start/stop the car. (y)
I need to do the same. Was sick of replacing it so put a separate one on the bull bar.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,353 Posts
Purple wire white trace on the factory loom.

Reactions: Haggie

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,569 Posts
Cleaned WM nozzles, need to replace a couple more anodised AN4 fittings with St/St, ordered yesterday.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,569 Posts
Ok, you've got me stumped Geeyou - what's a WM nozzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Water Meth injection nozzles, I inject in 2 locations, pre turbo and throttle body.

·
Registered
nissan
2,065 Posts
In progress at a leisurely pace. I'm taking the block to the engine shop, so I'm working on the injection pump in the meantime. I've taken it apart so many times that I've gotten the structure into my head. Now plunger is a 10mm plunger, but I'm going to build a Y61 TD42T rotor head with an 11mm plunger, and adjust the timer characteristics to speed up the advance characteristics in the low pump speed range to suit Japanese road conditions. The 900-1600 rpm range is especially important. It is not possible to use 12mm because the black smoke concentration will be too high and it will not meet the regulation.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
203 Posts
In progress at a leisurely pace. I'm taking the block to the engine shop, so I'm working on the injection pump in the meantime. I've taken it apart so many times that I've gotten the structure into my head. Now plunger is a 10mm plunger, but I'm going to build a Y61 TD42T rotor head with an 11mm plunger, and adjust the timer characteristics to speed up the advance characteristics in the low pump speed range to suit Japanese road conditions. The 900-1600 rpm range is especially important. It is not possible to use 12mm because the black smoke concentration will be too high and it will not meet the regulation.

View attachment 532715 View attachment 532716 View attachment 532717
Wow thats good work there mate. Keep it up

·
Registered
GQ Wagon TB42S
259 Posts
Installed a new screen for maps, an Android 10.1" eBay special with Oziexplorer and Getlost maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan
2,065 Posts
Last but not least, the oil cooler, which is a pain to clean.
The element was separated and cleaned, the corroded area repaired, the surface polished, and painted with a 200-degree heat-resistant repair paint.

15221 - 15232 of 15232 Posts