Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
15221 - 15240 of 15262 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,498 Posts
A couple of years ago the mast for the antenna stripped again... Bloody thing, so i finally fixed it this morning.

Popped the head unit out and cut the wire for it, so i don't have to hear it running then i start/stop the car. (y)
I need to do the same. Was sick of replacing it so put a separate one on the bull bar.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,433 Posts
Purple wire white trace on the factory loom.

Reactions: Haggie

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
Cleaned WM nozzles, need to replace a couple more anodised AN4 fittings with St/St, ordered yesterday.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
Ok, you've got me stumped Geeyou - what's a WM nozzle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Water Meth injection nozzles, I inject in 2 locations, pre turbo and throttle body.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,089 Posts
In progress at a leisurely pace. I'm taking the block to the engine shop, so I'm working on the injection pump in the meantime. I've taken it apart so many times that I've gotten the structure into my head. Now plunger is a 10mm plunger, but I'm going to build a Y61 TD42T rotor head with an 11mm plunger, and adjust the timer characteristics to speed up the advance characteristics in the low pump speed range to suit Japanese road conditions. The 900-1600 rpm range is especially important. It is not possible to use 12mm because the black smoke concentration will be too high and it will not meet the regulation.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
269 Posts
In progress at a leisurely pace. I'm taking the block to the engine shop, so I'm working on the injection pump in the meantime. I've taken it apart so many times that I've gotten the structure into my head. Now plunger is a 10mm plunger, but I'm going to build a Y61 TD42T rotor head with an 11mm plunger, and adjust the timer characteristics to speed up the advance characteristics in the low pump speed range to suit Japanese road conditions. The 900-1600 rpm range is especially important. It is not possible to use 12mm because the black smoke concentration will be too high and it will not meet the regulation.

View attachment 532715 View attachment 532716 View attachment 532717
Wow thats good work there mate. Keep it up

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,089 Posts
Last but not least, the oil cooler, which is a pain to clean.
The element was separated and cleaned, the corroded area repaired, the surface polished, and painted with a 200-degree heat-resistant repair paint.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,089 Posts
The block hasn't come back yet, so I'm going to build a pump. I've been scavenging for parts from all over the world, and finally have everything I need. The lower back can be measured with digital calipers, so I'll assemble it myself to the standard values and then have it tested at a diesel store before tuning the injection characteristics.

·
Registered
nissan
441 Posts
Tested it.

I thought it was time to throw the GU 4.5 into some situations to build my confidence in her, mainly the auto i'm trying to wrap my head around. after some rocky steep hills i knew well, i thought id test the winch in a place I've seen many come unstuck, it is just greasy clay that cloggs up the tyres, then you slide back down the hill and down the drain. Not particularly steep, just slippery.

I had just changed the bearing in the winch and cleaned out a lot of rust, and didn't trust it to drag 3t 300m up a slippery clay hill. so i decided to winch up/over and lower back over the spoon drain. The Warn XD9000 will certainly struggle to drag the GU up rocky cliffs or out of bogs but it did ok here. i'll use a block if the going gets tough for it.

n

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
I didn’t think the WM would corrode through the anodising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the quality of the anodising played a part, I had a mixture of silver and black fittings and the silver variety faŕed the worst. I have since bought st/st hose end fittings, just need to get around to replacing the existing ones.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,089 Posts
This unassuming belly button seems to be the entrance to a swamp. The service data says that the assembly dimensions are KF; TD42NA is 5.7-5.9mm, TD42T (10mm plunger, 100kg opening pressure) is 6.54-6.74mm, and TD42T (11mm plunger, 130kg opening pressure) is 6.83-7.03mm. The early TD42T has the same cam disk as the mid-range model, so the lift of the plunger is the same. However, the later model TD42T has a new cam disk and the rollers are the same hard type as the direct injection type, so the lift is increased by 1.5 times and the fuel delivery volume is increased, so I think it is 160 hp. Since I'm using the NA pump and the cam disk is the same, I'm thinking of using the initial TD42T KF value. Anyone don't normally compare things like this, so... haha

15221 - 15240 of 15262 Posts