Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
15241 - 15260 of 15262 Posts

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,694 Posts
Actually to be honest, looked at it in the shed.
Long time member....and not so often 4wder these days, but...still have my '91 Safari, with an upcoming 26yr old son who was raised 4wding in the Nissan...and a new 2month old grandson, I'm definitely going to have to Jumpstart the hobby.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,089 Posts
The control lever shaft is also worn out and needs to be replaced. The governor spring is also stretched.
This is an important small part that is also related to pedal response and torque stickiness at clutch meet.
Just changing the spring rate will change the feeling.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
Made a ladder for climbing on to the roof rack to bolt in to the holes from the spare wheel mount, and included a can crusher on the side so my rubbish takes up a lot less space.

Fairly discreet when wheel carrier closed, so much easier to get on roof compared to opening left barn door, left foot on drawers and right foot on spare wheel!

Just made with 25mm SHS I had lying around and some bits of flat bar and ally chequer plate for the foot holds to make it look pretty 🤩

Total cost about ten clams for paint and I think around twenty for the can crusher from eBay. Last one I had on my first camper did rust in the elements but for $20 give or take I won’t be losing sleep if I replace it every year or two 👍

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
Fitted a Ryco catch can. Got the full kit, but not impressed with the hose reducers,
stepped hose tails would have been better. One pair were a tight fit over my existing hoses, so I've stuck them on with contact glue & will monitor them to check if they leak or not.
20210721_161321.jpg

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
For those fitting Ryco catch cans, have a look at a YouTube video called Did my 200 series landcruiser engine blow again - twice in 12 months. It's a bit long winded but there may be issues with this catch can that people are not aware of. Not knocking just a public service announcement.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
I'd read about some problems caused by the check valve on the earlier model, so made sure the one I got was the later model without it.

·
Registered
GQ Wagon TB42S
265 Posts
Don't hate on me but I fitted a set of Kings canvas front seat covers. Don't seem too bad for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,382 Posts
Just had eng worked on, removed / new hd. pistons etc and hell they did not fit back the bloo.....dy strut coupling spring clips.

Yes the bonnet came down on my arm above the wrist woy !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bonnet caught on the safety catch and could not move my arm let alone straighten my finger to slide the hand out above pressure cap on surge tank.

Stuff me so bad, yelled out to the wife she grabbed wooden lever and lifted the bonnet side _ Removed my arm

Top of guard has a bit of dint but that was the least of my concern _ so lucky.

They even left an earth cable off my aux battery_now to wait until Monday and pay a visit to some ones w/shop.

Sorry no pics of arm stuck haha _ could not wait to focus.

Found my safety stick, so paranoid under there now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
590 Posts
Replaced the traing arm bushes.
I put 2 poly bushes in temporarily, years ago.....
I was amazed how good condition they were in. Hardly any wear, and no crud & rust in the housing...
And i use it off road, plenty.
Glasshouse Mountains to be specific.
And i have looooong shocks in the back for full flex.
Anyway, all new genuine stuff in there now.👍

Reactions: Softy

·
Registered
nissan
441 Posts
Replaced the passenger door hinges, went in from the plastic inner wheel arch guard. made a little vid of it. not sure if i'll post it

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,382 Posts
Well was pissed off with the crap QC of the works done by mechanic with eng rebuild and the squashing of my arm, decided to change out oil, rectify the boost hose they did not clamp up at turbo outlet (ran like VNT that wanted to be a waste gate) then started to run as I would expect.

Set off to take her for a drive and to adjust MB settings but no, not tonight boy as the crossing stopped me (so much wet of late).
Not a good idea to try and beat the lights. But she pulled well back up the hill (dirt track) 4th gear home all 4 engaged.
20210725_173900.jpg
20210725_174002.jpg

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,919 Posts
Finally drained the front tank and transferred the fuel to the rear. I'll add "dodgy fuel sender" to the list of things that need attention :rolleyes:. The gauge said there was ~50L in the front tank. By my count of jerry cans, and the rear tank gauge there was ~70L in there.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,850 Posts
Finally drained the front tank and transferred the fuel to the rear. I'll add "dodgy fuel sender" to the list of things that need attention :rolleyes:. The gauge said there was ~50L in the front tank. By my count of jerry cans, and the rear tank gauge there was ~70L in there.
With the way the price of fuel is going in Melbourne at the moment, you should sell that extra 20l. You can buy another GQ with your takings. :mad:

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,919 Posts
With the way the price of fuel is going in Melbourne at the moment, you should sell that extra 20l. You can buy another GQ with your takings. :mad:
Dunno what it's like over your side of town. Diesel hasn't budged over here.

Nor has LPG.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,664 Posts
Went to the zorst shop and had the gentleman remove the pongbox from my ute...Oh the sound of music..

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,664 Posts
:rolleyes::cautious: Boom ching..:rolleyes::cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: Softy

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,850 Posts
Dunno what it's like over your side of town. Diesel hasn't budged over here.

Nor has LPG.
Yeah nah, diesel's still OK over here as well. TBH the price of fuel doesn't impact us too much. It's not like we can plan to go very far these days. I put some fuel in the Patrol and the wife's Micra maybe once every three months or so, and I have a company fuel card for the daily, so I don't really pay attention to the price at the pump because it's not like I can shop around.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
Yeah nah, diesel's still OK over here as well. TBH the price of fuel doesn't impact us too much. It's not like we can plan to go very far these days. I put some fuel in the Patrol and the wife's Micra maybe once every three months or so, and I have a company fuel card for the daily, so I don't really pay attention to the price at the pump because it's not like I can shop around.
Mine sits in the shed most of the time these days, diesel here doesn't vary that much really, Petrol on the other hand :eek:. Just realised I haven't filled mine since 16/06/21, unheard of. Time between services is at an all time max.................

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,433 Posts
29/4/21 last time i filled mine up, Will be getting filled up in the next couple of weeks though as got some trips coming up.

Reactions: rgren2
15241 - 15260 of 15262 Posts