After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts
the lancer?? oil or petrol??

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,340 Posts
Crawled under it to find out why my airbags aren’t working. One has perished out completely and the other is leaking at the perish. New ones ordered.

·
Registered
GQ Wagon TB42S
281 Posts
Fitted some Stedi Carbon LEDs to replace the previous candle powered headlights. Looking good at the moment, will need to find a dark, level place with a wall to aim them up now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,185 Posts
This isn't general discussion Nick..
Don't be a Susan.🙄

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,267 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,071 Posts
Guess now it will just boil quicker.
You'd be surprised at the difference in heat dissipation between a shiny surface & dark one is. When I was developing a new model of the HV switchgear we made when I was working, we had problems getting the main aluminium current carrying part to run cool enough at high current. By anodising it a dark olive green dropped the temperature by over 20C. Matt black is the best for heat dissipation.

Reactions: Marko_SJ and edb

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,267 Posts
You'd be surprised at the difference in heat dissipation between a shiny surface & dark one is. When I was developing a new model of the HV switchgear we made when I was working, we had problems getting the main aluminium current carrying part to run cool enough at high current. By anodising it a dark olive green dropped the temperature by over 20C. Matt black is the best for heat dissipation.
Matt black was the colour of all my race engines.

·
Registered
Nissan
823 Posts
Sold My Patrol today...goes on a tilt tray to Sydney tonight (only way to get it to new owner).
No more Patrol for me anymore...Have gone to the dark side with one of the last Mitsubishi Pajeros (2021 auto).
Would never have sold Patrol....but my left knee says a manual will be no longer....all my cars are auto now.
A legacy of being a truckie for 40 odd years I guess.

CYAS,

Cheers Keith

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,030 Posts
Well, today I climbed under it for a looky at where she was leaking from. As there's diesely dust from the very top of the tank down, I'm tipping it's the fuel pickup/sender seal that's the problem rather than a split hose.

Not sure if I can be bothered pulling the tank to replace it (and the sender unit), and as it's:
a) not leaking ATM, and​
b) unlikely to be driven in a hurry​
I've got some time to decide.

Had to jack the body up so I could see what was going on in there. Dad just scored a free 12 tonne jack from a mate of his who is downsizing. "It works well," enthused the old man. But wouldn't lift the Patrol. Turns out it can jack itself up on air, but not much else. So we spent I don't know how long filling it up with oil. Slight leak around the release valve /filler thing. Not sure if that's just residual from the filling, or whether I'm going to find it in sitting a pool of oil tomorrow (it's in a bucket for safety).

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
479 Posts
Well, today I climbed under it for a looky at where she was leaking from. As there's diesely dust from the very top of the tank down, I'm tipping it's the fuel pickup/sender seal that's the problem rather than a split hose.

Not sure if I can be bothered pulling the tank to replace it (and the sender unit), and as it's:
a) not leaking ATM, and​
b) unlikely to be driven in a hurry​
I've got some time to decide.

Had to jack the body up so I could see what was going on in there. Dad just scored a free 12 tonne jack from a mate of his who is downsizing. "It works well," enthused the old man. But wouldn't lift the Patrol. Turns out it can jack itself up on air, but not much else. So we spent I don't know how long filling it up with oil. Slight leak around the release valve /filler thing. Not sure if that's just residual from the filling, or whether I'm going to find it in sitting a pool of oil tomorrow (it's in a bucket for safety).
Gday mate is it sub tank or main tank your talking about?

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,030 Posts
Gday mate is it sub tank or main tank your talking about?
The front tank ;).

Being a GQ, it only came with one tank from the factory. I fitted an aftermarket auxiliary tank, along with a 6 port changeover valve. So I don't have "main" and "sub" tanks as such. I have two completely independent tanks which I have shown great imagination in designating the "Front Tank" and "Rear Tank".

15261 - 15280 of 15313 Posts