Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
15301 - 15313 of 15313 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,095 Posts
The pump parts have arrived.
Some parts are still missing so I will check the list and place an order.
In this country, the maximum size is 11mm, considering the black smoke.

Communication Device Telephone Plastic wrap Event Telephony

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
479 Posts
Food Ingredient Plastic Comfort food Transparency
Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Gas
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper
Put a set of injectors on the old girl today, first time ive done them since i have owned it. Not knowing that they had to be changed every 100000 ks.
Fun job went pretty good took abot 3.5 hours
For anyone looking for injectors in perth these guys are the cheapest for brand new zexel injectors @$88 each or reconditioned @$77 each.

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
479 Posts
Also if i may ask as this is my first time doing injectors should my old ones look like this? Is that normal for injectors that have been in for around 12 years, the one thing i noticed is injector number 3 from the front of the engine looks like it has overheated should i be concerned.?

Automotive tire Tire Wood Gear Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Gas Nickel

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Look in better nick than my GQ ones I took out about 15yrs ago when i had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,030 Posts
Took the mighty GQ for a run today, due to technical issues with the daily. Ran beautifully, albeit with a rather more sedate accumulation of speed than the Falcon.

·
Registered
nissan
151 Posts
Decided to upgrade my GPS mount to a RAM and install it here

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Car

Grille Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

I had cables.. so this solution works pretty well and is very sturdy!

·
Registered
nissan
151 Posts
I decided to finally complete the install of my new headunit and speakers.. including putting a USB socket next to the passenger due to the mess of other switches cramping the area! I quite liked my factory unit... but the Mrs insisted on Apple Carplay for the kids

Car Plant Automotive design Personal luxury car Steering wheel

Hood Light Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I decided to finally complete the install of my new headunit and speakers.. including putting a USB socket next to the passenger due to the mess of other switches cramping the area! I quite liked my factory unit... but the Mrs insisted on Apple Carplay for the kids

View attachment 535160
View attachment 535161
I have a ciggie plug there with USB in it. Between kids and wife they damage the plugs.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well only taken me 5yrs. But now I own a true Nissan patrol.
Owe and the stupid headlight globe has been replaced.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,267 Posts
Well only taken me 5yrs. But now I own a true Nissan patrol.
Owe and the stupid headlight globe has been replaced.

You know what they say, 'if it can't be fixed with electrical tape or a cable tie, it can't be fixed'..........

As for me, ever since replacing the head whenever that was (lost track of time), I've had a very slight weep of coolant that comes and goes and shows up as faint colour on the head of the bolt that holds the aircon to the engine. Have looked and looked to no avail, it went away but resurfaced its ugly head a few days ago after a return trip to Brisbane. So, unpacked my little cable camera, removed the rubber sheet from under the pas side mudguard and attacked the site from all angles, after about 2 hours of fiddling, bugga me one of the bolts holding the water pump in had traces of coolant on it, so it appears the coolant has been following the thread, finally got a spanner on it and gave it a few more Ft/Lb then cleaned up all evidence. Did a 400K round trip to Toowoomba yesterday (wife wanted to go to the Flower Show up there) which gave it a good hard workout. Parked car in garage and let it sit overnight, not even the slightest hint of any weep this morning, I'm gonna take that as a win.
New serpentine belt due now, so when I get that from Garry I'll pull the rad covers and have a good look.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
After the recent grief with my past-their-use-by-date beadlocks (most notably in the Kimberley, having a tyre deflate in approx 0.2 seconds when 11 adjacent bolts snapped) I’d had a gutsful so settled on some non beadlock normal person rims, went with Mickey Thompson rims as they have a very good load rating and got two new Maxxis RAZR muds for the front (I only had 4 before, so I bought 6 rims so now I have two spares).

Not the flashiest looking things but I didn’t want it too look-at-me and they’re discreet enough and I like them. Admittedly I tried to get Methods but it was a 5 month wait (at least) and these were available next day.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

One less thing to worry about 😄

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,723 Posts
Oh… and having regular ally rims… balanced…. after 8 years of poorly balanced beadlocks always offering various degrees of steering vibration, this is just next level. Not the slightest bit of vibration at any speed and it’s bloody magic! An absolute pleasure to drive…I am hooked… 😇😇😇

15301 - 15313 of 15313 Posts