Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
Did you have to send it to hema?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Did you have to send it to hema?
No, I got an email this morning saying an update was available, maybe connect to your PC and see what is available.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,692 Posts
Had an affair and cheated on it, took a new MU-X for a test drive. Won't be buying one of those. No footrest for your left foot, the centre console is too wide & dug painfully into my leg. I like to rest my elbow on the top of the door, but it's hard plastic and very uncomfortable. Wasn't impressed with the gearbox either, not as smooth shifting as the 16 year old Mitsubishi 380 I've got, could be because it only had 600km on it.
Had a quick look at a Y62 at the Nissan dealer and it was much better to sit in. Didn't take it for a drive as they want $110k for a TI.:eek::eek:
Will wait till the new V6 Everest comes out, but I'm not keen on everything being controlled from the touch screen, I think even the diff lock can only be operated from it.
Looks like I'll either keep the 2.8 or look for a late model 2nd hand Y62 at a realistic price.

·
Registered
nissan
706 Posts
Lifted the cab off the chassis ready for extension

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,871 Posts
Had an affair and cheated on it, took a new MU-X for a test drive. Won't be buying one of those. No footrest for your left foot, the centre console is too wide & dug painfully into my leg. I like to rest my elbow on the top of the door, but it's hard plastic and very uncomfortable. Wasn't impressed with the gearbox either, not as smooth shifting as the 16 year old Mitsubishi 380 I've got, could be because it only had 600km on it.
Had a quick look at a Y62 at the Nissan dealer and it was much better to sit in. Didn't take it for a drive as they want $110k for a TI.:eek::eek:
Will wait till the new V6 Everest comes out, but I'm not keen on everything being controlled from the touch screen, I think even the diff lock can only be operated from it.
Looks like I'll either keep the 2.8 or look for a late model 2nd hand Y62 at a realistic price.
Pretty well every modern car you'll struggle to rest your elbow comfortably on the door. More door = less glass = better crash protection = aching shoulder & carsick kiddies.

I can cruise for days in the GQ with my elbow perched on the door -- can't manage a couple of hours in the Falcon before the shoulder aches.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,692 Posts
The height of the sill wasn't the problem, it's made from hard plastic with no padding at all.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,737 Posts
Hint: don't try any more of the IFS ute wagons if that's how you felt about the MUX.

Pretty well every modern car you'll struggle to rest your elbow comfortably on the door. More door = less glass = better crash protection = aching shoulder & carsick kiddies.

I can cruise for days in the GQ with my elbow perched on the door -- can't manage a couple of hours in the Falcon before the shoulder aches.
GQ is perfect.

I am vertically challenged and the GU isn't quite as reachable in the triangle between my shoulder, door and wheel.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,737 Posts
Smacked an antilopine with it at close to 100 leaving work late today 🤬

I went back to look for skippy and he was nowhere to be found.

Broke the brand new HID bulb out of its mount, Bullbar was pushed basically over the winch control box and almost couldn't get the grill out.

Amiright just to undo the 6 bolts where the witness marks show it's slid, or is there more to this?
Automotive tire Wood Door Automotive exterior Bumper

• Sad
Reactions: dkril

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
antilopine: had to look that one up.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,692 Posts
Doesn't look like the bullbar mount is bent, so I think you'll be right to reposition it. That movement has absorbed the impact.

• Love
Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,737 Posts
Doesn't look like the bullbar mount is bent, so I think you'll be right to reposition it. That movement has absorbed the impact.
Sorted it before work this morning.

Can get my grill in and out, reach the winch contactor box and now my numberplate has some extra style points 🙄
Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,153 Posts
The limiter has been released after a 1000 km familiarisation run. The oil and element are changed and the vehicle is put into normal operation.
The oil leak has not been completely resolved, possibly the crank main seal. It may be necessary to remove the transmission, which is a headache.

Odometer Gauge Car Motor vehicle Speedometer
Drinkware Cup Plastic bottle Gas Household supply

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Smacked an antilopine with it at close to 100 leaving work late today 🤬

I went back to look for skippy and he was nowhere to be found.

Broke the brand new HID bulb out of its mount, Bullbar was pushed basically over the winch control box and almost couldn't get the grill out.

Amiright just to undo the 6 bolts where the witness marks show it's slid, or is there more to this? View attachment 544590
Yes that should work for aligning. Bad luck.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,153 Posts
I went to see how my friend's pump was assembled. It looks like it is finally ready. At that time, I asked him how much more fuel it would take to turn the full load set screw 1/4 turn, and he said that it depends on the plunger system, but with a TD it would be about 10㏄. Just don't turn it more than that and it will mess up the injection characteristics etc. He told me that it would only send fuel and not combustion, so it would only result in black smoke and wasted fuel.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Automotive exterior Machine
Gas Audio equipment Machine Engineering Metal
Motor vehicle Automotive design Engineering Electronic component Nickel

·
Registered
2x ford mavricks
231 Posts
I went to see how my friend's pump was assembled. It looks like it is finally ready. At that time, I asked him how much more fuel it would take to turn the full load set screw 1/4 turn, and he said that it depends on the plunger system, but with a TD it would be about 10㏄. Just don't turn it more than that and it will mess up the injection characteristics etc. He told me that it would only send fuel and not combustion, so it would only result in black smoke and wasted fuel.

View attachment 544615 View attachment 544616 View attachment 544617
add a bit more air ie boost more fuel needs more air (boost) to run clean

·
Registered
nissan
706 Posts
Painting the dual cab today

Attachments

15861 - 15880 of 15887 Posts