Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
4041 - 4046 of 4046 Posts

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
7,084 Posts
@Ethanissan

Given all that works and your happy with it. How hard do you think it’ll be to cut the bracket off the “air box” to rotate the inlet to face the snorkel opening and weld the bracket back on. Therefore you only need a straight silicone bend for connection.

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
341 Posts
@Ethanissan

Given all that works and your happy with it. How hard do you think it’ll be to cut the bracket off the “air box” to rotate the inlet to face the snorkel opening and weld the bracket back on. Therefore you only need a straight silicone bend for connection.
Not sure. I do know what you mean, and it would require drilling out all of the spot welds on both brackets (there’s 2 that attach it to the firewall, 4 bolts total), and re-welding them in a different spot afterwards. My only real concern would be that They need to be welded in exactly the right spot, since there’s 2 of them and if one is lopsided or wonky it won’t line up. Also drilling out the welds will also require them to be filled back up again.
Probably will happen eventually as I don’t like the sharp 180* bend that the air has to take from the snorkel into the airbox, but not hugely high on the list of priorities.

On a side note, Dad’s farm Ute already has either an aftermarket airbox or an original one with this very mod done to it. The outlet faces right into the snorkel hole, much better than mine.
Maybe that’s just how the factory snorkel models came and my airbox is just from an N/A? I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
341 Posts
Not bad for a couple hours work I reckon. Tomorrow arvo after Tafe I’ll put some wood screws into the vertical supports so they’re not just clamped in by the shelf, but it’ll definitely work for the drive there and back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1985 SD33T MK LWB Wagon
341 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
We got them from eBay, the driver seat in mine had webbing and the passenger had wire so we upgraded it while they were out. As to wether it's worth it I dunno, we're still working towards rwc so I can't go anywhere yet... She's going to be my touring machine though, soon! 🤞

eBay webbing <- Link
ps - not sponsored by eBay lol
pps - eBay probably fully funded by me 🤪

4041 - 4046 of 4046 Posts