Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
4041 - 4060 of 4084 Posts

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
7,201 Posts
@Ethanissan

Given all that works and your happy with it. How hard do you think it’ll be to cut the bracket off the “air box” to rotate the inlet to face the snorkel opening and weld the bracket back on. Therefore you only need a straight silicone bend for connection.

·
Registered
MK Wagon, and an SD33T in pieces...
647 Posts
@Ethanissan

Given all that works and your happy with it. How hard do you think it’ll be to cut the bracket off the “air box” to rotate the inlet to face the snorkel opening and weld the bracket back on. Therefore you only need a straight silicone bend for connection.
Not sure. I do know what you mean, and it would require drilling out all of the spot welds on both brackets (there’s 2 that attach it to the firewall, 4 bolts total), and re-welding them in a different spot afterwards. My only real concern would be that They need to be welded in exactly the right spot, since there’s 2 of them and if one is lopsided or wonky it won’t line up. Also drilling out the welds will also require them to be filled back up again.
Probably will happen eventually as I don’t like the sharp 180* bend that the air has to take from the snorkel into the airbox, but not hugely high on the list of priorities.

On a side note, Dad’s farm Ute already has either an aftermarket airbox or an original one with this very mod done to it. The outlet faces right into the snorkel hole, much better than mine.
Maybe that’s just how the factory snorkel models came and my airbox is just from an N/A? I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
647 Posts
Not bad for a couple hours work I reckon. Tomorrow arvo after Tafe I’ll put some wood screws into the vertical supports so they’re not just clamped in by the shelf, but it’ll definitely work for the drive there and back

·
Registered
647 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
We got them from eBay, the driver seat in mine had webbing and the passenger had wire so we upgraded it while they were out. As to wether it's worth it I dunno, we're still working towards rwc so I can't go anywhere yet... She's going to be my touring machine though, soon! 🤞

eBay webbing <- Link
ps - not sponsored by eBay lol
pps - eBay probably fully funded by me 🤪

·
Registered
647 Posts
just new tires CST 38x12.50x15
Wow! We don’t usually see tires that big here for legal reasons. How do you think the C200 will go handling those massive tires?

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
Wow! We don’t usually see tires that big here for legal reasons. How do you think the C200 will go handling those massive tires?
The locking hubs and CVs will fail before the diff center. The C200 isn't a bad diff for its size.

Reactions: Ethanissan

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Guys,
I just took tires from my son's Samurai to see how it looks like, usually, I drive with 35" with no problems, Federal Couragia, less aggressive pattern, The locking hubs are manual Mile Marker, front Chinese diff locker, rear LSD, SOA,
at the moment we are preparing Samurai for Bulgarian Trophy championship, Patrol will be recovery vehicle and if needed to tow the trailer with Zuki, just in case :)
Regards,

·
Registered
34 Posts
More rust gone, did all the way through luckily the body mount was mostly fine.... Taking forever, another month down the tube.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Composite material

Could use some advice, the rear body mount(SwB) that goes up into the member below the floor is spinning and can't tighten or undo. How the heck do I fix that?
Please tell me I don't have to cut the floor up....

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
More rust gone, did all the way through luckily the body mount was mostly fine.... Taking forever, another month down the tube.

View attachment 543174

Could use some advice, the rear body mount(SwB) that goes up into the member below the floor is spinning and can't tighten or undo. How the heck do I fix that?
Please tell me I don't have to cut the floor up....
You are not going to like the answer...
Rear body mount bolt is captive in the body, but the little tack welds break or rust away. So yes, you will be plunging a hole saw through your body.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Ask @Ethanissan , he’s our newest guru on these. 👍
Haha I only got front suspension bushes, but from what I've heard, GU body mount rubbers are a good upgrade as they are apparently bigger and give a very slight body lift (should also improve the interior ride pretty significantly)

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
Dangit Bobby...
Thanks, I guess

What bushes are people use? do the gq ones fit?
I bought genuine, from memory it took a bit of hunting around parts catalogues to get the correct part numbers and quantities.
I might still have an invoice with part numbers and qtys on it, I'll have a look.
There's a mob called Euro 4x4 parts or something that do an aftermarket kit, but genuine was a bit cheaper.

I remember hearing something about GU mounts as Ethan mentioned, but I didn't go that way, no idea if the height, or difference in height, is consistent with the MQ/MK rubbers.

Reactions: The Dingo Show

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,252 Posts
Dragged the old girl out of retirement. Dam I miss driving the old mk , definitely going to get something happening with her , so gutless in standard form compared to my original , but none the less love it. Needs front hubs the auto ones are not real happy and definitely needs the head gasket some more boost and an intercooler and fuel . First mod new mirror cause I knocked one off yesterday

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
Dragged the old girl out of retirement. Dam I miss driving the old mk , definitely going to get something happening with her , so gutless in standard form compared to my original , but none the less love it. Needs front hubs the auto ones are not real happy and definitely needs the head gasket some more boost and an intercooler and fuel . First mod new mirror cause I knocked one off yesterday

Glad to see the old girl is still with ya, and back on the road.

Aside from a bit of paint fade and head gasket, it seemed like a gem last time I saw it.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
Dangit Bobby...
Thanks, I guess

What bushes are people use? do the gq ones fit?
OK, so here's the basic overview from FAST.
Font Parallel Slope Engineering Technology

Part code 95153 is the upper bush x6 units
Part numbers - 95152-C8100 or supercession 95152-C8300.

Part code 95154 is the bottom bush x8 units
Part numbers - 95153-B5000

Note the first body mount towards LH of screenshot. There are certainly not two rubber mounts stacked there. From 6 of my own vehicles, the mounts appear as per the other 4 forward mounts - P/C 95153 on top, P/C 95154 under the chassis mount.
They are shown reversed and both on top of the chassis mount because that, apparently, is what Nissan decided to do.

Part code 95157 that one that appears to sit on a crossmember. x2 units.
part number - 95155-C6000.
There is a lower mount there that exists on no parts drawings because, once again, that is what Nissan decided to do. I think its 95153-B5000 since FAST suggests that x8 units are necessary, that's what I bought anyway.

Part code 95180N. x1 unit
Part number - 95157-C6000
I wasted $7.50 on what is a 50x50x6mm square bit of rubber, a small bit of conveyor belt or used mud flap would do just fine.

Part code 95151. x2 units
part number - 95551-C8120.

Part code 95152 x2 units
part number - 95552-C8120

I can't remember what was in and out of stock when I bought. From memory I dove down some Euro/Japanese catalogues to get different part numbers to cover some OOS part numbers and it was a PITA to find what P/N came from where and if it was compatible.
The quantities I listed I am reasonably sure are correct.

4041 - 4060 of 4084 Posts