Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What did you do to your patrol today MQ,MK?

428K views 4K replies 249 participants last post by  jclures 
#1 ·
What did you do to your patrol today ???

We have this thread in the GQ section,but nothin in here
So whats happin out there ,what are we getting up to ???

Today weather was raining and cr*ppy,
So i painted the front flares on the ute
Made some sub boxes for the 10" subs
Yup goin behind the seats in the ute

#2 ·
oh how nice it must be to have so much free time that you can do something to your patrol EVERY DAY OF THE FREAKIN WEEK !!

#9 ·
Took the day off work buy Mazda 626 1986 seats from the wreckers, turned out they were 87 which won't work brought (too high in base) brought and fitted Suzuki GTI seats instead to the MK, with minor mods they look great and are very comfortable. Also sorted engine knock. (slight leak at injector causes sound like sloppy gudgion pin "watch that one, if low pressure injection on SD33 or SD33T it causes a poor burn resulting in a bad knocking sound)

#13 ·
Replaced the plastic thingies that are between the leaves and the front U-bolts. Rides smooth again!!

#17 ·
Radiator flushed. (a good handful of rust flakes and other goodies came out) Inspected front shocks. (disconnected top of shock, it moves up and down with little or no dampening looks like the front end float problem is solved)
Inspected front brakes. (The passenger side disk has been smashed and a good two inch piece is missing, it been ground off smooth on a bench grinder and just clears the pads" "Strike One to the Bush Mechanic". Ordered two new ones $31 each from Repco. (seems their old stock and going cheap!)

Getting a new shorty "Is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get" (Forrest Gump)

#22 ·
Radiator flushed. (a good handful of rust flakes and other goodies came out) Inspected front shocks. (disconnected top of shock, it moves up and down with little or no dampening looks like the front end float problem is solved)
Inspected front brakes. (The passenger side disk has been smashed and a good two inch piece is missing, it been ground off smooth on a bench grinder and just clears the pads" "Strike One to the Bush Mechanic". Ordered two new ones $31 each from Repco. (seems their old stock and going cheap!)

Getting a new shorty "Is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you get" (Forrest Gump)

Cheap all right , I got discs about a month or so ago, cost me 112 for disc and pads

I know repcoo are doing drums cheap, retail 160 something each, can get them for like 40 smackas, run out change of supplier.

#20 ·
Pulled off all door trims and rear boot trims and sprayed the bottom and the inside of the panels with fish oil!!

#25 ·
Pressure washed it last night to get rid of the salt water and sand...
Looked at it this morning...can't be arsed going to pickup the new top set so I can fix the head gasket with a genuine one....

It will get done...eventually...

Also, inquired about a new wastegate actuator.

Looking for a new WAIC radiator now too!