Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday

could someone please tell me all the parts i would need to have to do a manual conversion into an auto.

Apart from the following what else would i need:-

Gearbox and Bell Housing
Brake and Clutch Pedal
Manual Console for inside
Clutch Booster (not sure what this is)
Slave Cyclinder (or this)
Master Cyclinder (and this)

Look forward to any replys....Thanks in advance!

HCR

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Clutch Booster (not sure what this is)
Slave Cyclinder (or this)
Master Cyclinder (and this)
HCR
Clutch booster is a thingie/device utilizing vacuum created by the engine (it powers vacuum pump) which helps/assists you to push down a clutch pedal, master cylinder is the thing which the clutch pedal is connected to and transfer the mechanical movement of the pedal in to hydraulic pressure which is than acting on a slave cylinder which transfers hydraulic pressure in to mechanical action on to clutch bearing lever/fork in turn disengaging the clutch. You also need to add to your parts hydraulic line/s from master cylinder to slave cylinder. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Rumcajs!

has anyone done this conversion and would it be very straight forward?
any major dramas i should know about?

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
No expert here but after playing with my ECUTalk on my patrol there maybe a difference between the Auto and manual ECU's your auto ECU may get a little upset when it cant find the transmission.
But as i said im no expert so maybe someone can verify it for me??

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
From memory he's running a aftermarket ecu so there should be no dramas there, tail shafts should be the same, gear box cross member the same, his transfer will bolt to a manual box

you left a flywheel and clutch off the list so you would need that too

ive still got a manual trans conversion with all the interior and pedal bts you need, you only need to get a bell housing, clutch and flywheel and i need those auto bitswe spoke about if your keen on helping each other out,

would take you about a day to do the swap depending on what tools you have and things like a hoist etc would make it alot easier, its not hard to do but by no means a walk in the park either!!

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TurboGu,

i am running an aftermarket ecu but its only for the fuel and air tuning. The original ecu is still working for everything else. Does the transmission have its own computer?

how many kms would that box of yours done and would it need fixing at all?
you live in tazzy dont you?

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone confirm that the 3L deisel gearboxes, slave cyclinder, master cyclinder, lines, clutch booster, centre console and pedals are the same as the 4.5L?

Turbogu has said the only thing that wont fit is the bell housing - if thats the case where on earth do i find one of them as i dont think wreckers would like to split them from the box.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
auto trans has its own computer, it should be ok with out t, may just bring up a light on the dash, easy fix if you pull the globe out!!

My car has just on 200,000, as far as im aware the box is fine, it just blew the motor up, so shouldnt need fixing, its an 02 mod so it should even have the 5th gear upgrade (correct me if im wrong)

A mate just put a 3ltr box in his td42 gu coil cab cause he buggered his up, he was going to use mine but i want to get rid of it as a conversion so im not stuck with parts

you might be right about the wreckers but id try any way

I have a diesel flywheel you can have too, just not 100% sure if it fits unlesssome one can confirm???

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what was the upgrade you mention?

and from what year was the upgrade done?

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
98 to aound 00-01 had problems with 5 gear, after that they fitted a bigger main shaft and 5th gear which had bigger spline mating areas to strenghten it up, im not 100% sure on dates but it was around 00-01 they started changng them, some one else may have exact dates

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can anyone confirm??

1. that the 3L deisel gearboxes, slave cyclinder, master cyclinder, lines, clutch booster, centre console and pedals will fit the 4.5L?

and 2. what year did they upgrade the 5th gear?

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surely someone knows what gearboxs and bellhousings fit what motor.

PLEEEASE tell me!!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Give Grant (raptorthumper) a PM on outers. He knows 4.5's backwards, hes done the manual conversion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts