Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am looking at patrols (carsales, gumtree the backlog of ones sold here) and am hoping you can help me out a bit.

To keep it as simple as possible, If I start waving $15,000 around, what can I expect to buy that will be reasonably decent?

I don't need to much on it, 2" lift, tyres and sliders, hopefully a decent winch..

Obviously older, with mods, or newer with not much bolted on, but I thought I'd ask the question to see what you all reckon..

Any thoughts much appreciated - cheers.

·
Registered
963 Posts
a standardish td42t gu wagon with 300km.
or an ex-telstra 2010-2013 crd wagon with usual mods and under 100km.
Show me where i can get a TD42T GU for $15,000.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Show me where i can get a TD42T GU for $15,000.
You have to a) be Jacket, and b) see a)

·
Registered
963 Posts
pretty close.....but not quite.

Add in cost of transporting it to us mexicans over here, adds up.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,995 Posts
$15k could buy you a ridiculously overpriced GQ, but then again you'd have to be idiot to pay that kind of money.
It could get you a nice GU with a ZD or TB48, or a very nice, low km TB45.

2000 Nissan Patrol GU II ST

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
You have to a) be Jacket, and b) see a)
OK, i linked one....:p

pretty close.....but not quite.

Add in cost of transporting it to us mexicans over here, adds up.
Transport is cheap. $645 perth to melb.

-and pfft 15k for an early td42t wags is easy. getting a series 3-4 factory 42 wags for mid-late teens is hard.

99 patrol 4.2 diesel turbo | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Kwinana Area - Naval Base | 1051922605

iv got a mate that wanted one. iv linked him this one.... i would offer 14-15k.
he has a few days head start, so if he hasnt jumped on it already it will still be available.

you snooze you loose is my view. applies to my mates just the same.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Theres a Na gu on gumtree at the moment for $13500. Could pick that up cheap asss

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
Where do you find these bargains? On the internet or do you just hit people up?
People, Forums, car yards, gumtree, faceplant, ebay, trading post, pickles, grays auctions. etc etc.
Im the sort that will randomly stop at somebody's house and knock on the door if they have an interesting car in the drive. dead or alive... where there are parts there is profit.

cash is king, and people will nearly always take a price more like you want to pay than what they want if you have it. i love cash.

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
A bloke I know bought today a na td42 1992 gq in dam near showroom condition with 386000 k's for $5500
I know its not a gu but thats what they are really worth,not the inflated fanboy price some people think they are worth.
it has 6 mths rego,roady,near new tyres,uhf,bullbar and close to perfect condition

as Jacket said gu na less than 10,nice tidy tb45 i saw go for 8 with bar ,winch,33's,lightbar

plenty of knob jockeys want what they paid for it+accessories+ 50% pfft

ps Monster stickers don't equal $5000

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
This is a good post. The point here is if you look hard enough you can find what you're looking for. Also, people do negotiate down quite a bit if you have cash with you and show them that you have the cash. The good thing about the patrols is that there is alot for sale, so you can really use that to your advantage. But you have to be prepared to do the hard yards and look in every nook and cranny. No point just sticking to your state. I cant count the amount of cars I've bought interstate because they were good deals. Sometimes I drive them down sometimes I truck them down, depends how I feel really.

Also, a 15k budget means you can look at cars up to about 18k. Most poeple that have been trying to sell their car for a few months will knock 3k off if you tell them you're going to take the car today, and that they don't need to bother with a roadie, if you're happy to get it yourself. Getting a roadie yourself makes the sale easier for them and they would most likely be willing to let it go much cheaper cause its cash in hand no more worrying. Jacket is right on the money with that point...cash is definitely king dingaling.

Be ready to drive the car home though...and have an envelope with you with 15K in it....you'll get what you want fairly easily.

·
Registered
nissan
286 Posts
I'd go for a 4.8 for around 15k... although depends if you want petrol or diesel?

Depends if he has 15k to spend in total.. most of the cheap TD's/cars will need some love and it would be pretty rare to jump in one and be fully set up ready to go.
It doesn't take long to spend a few grand, even some tyres/winch/servicing etc could rack up 3-5k if your paying normal prices.

You might get lucky, I won a Gu Ti 4.5 auto on Ebay for under 3k with 6 months reg, needs a good clean up but should be a good base to drop my TD into ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts