Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been hording up my old oil in buckets round the house and dads hassling me to get rid of it.. can anyone tell me if theres somewhere i can take it im in the S.E subs?
what do you fellas do with your used oil?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just wait until my next trip out bush and pour it on the ground!

Nah, just kidding, they usually have a big container at the local dump.
I save mine until I have about 40 litres and take it.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
The proper way is the recycle centre.
Other uses are pouring around the fence line to kill weeds or pouring/painting it on wooden fences.
The choice is yours what you do with it, just be aware that the sooky la-la's here will carry on if you dont use the recycle centre.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
i was thinkin holy monkey! That doesnt sound like spider!
Yeah, got ya!

When I drove Land rovers, I never had this problem.
Land Rover technology includes a steady flow of oil from the engine to stop the chassis rusting and, as a result you constantly top up the engine with fresh oil!

And some people say they aren't any good ;)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
I use mine for painting timber post and rail fencing i do around the place
BUT
It seems this 100 year old method that works is frowned upon by the goody too shoes

Local tip waste management area is the best if living in the burbs

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
It either gets taken to the recycle centre or we mix it with diesel 50/50 and use it to spray the underneath of the quad bikes after doing river/beach/saltwater work.

·
Registered
nissan
418 Posts
I have a couple of 44 gallon drums that i put it in....Then call a local recycling company and they come and suck it out for nothing.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
I know a real arsehole who drains it into the original containers and the biffs them into his normal rubbish bin.

·
Registered
nissan
357 Posts
Ha, I tip mine in my mother in laws oil burning magna when ever she comes around, she always asks me to check her oil but never services her car or brings oil. Just as well magnas are good for somthing. Cant say I have found a use for the mother in law tho. Yota next time you are out coldstream way the tip there has a oil dump facility.

·
Registered
nissan/gq patrol
589 Posts
Pour it around the wooden stumps under the house. When you are travelling there are places to dump your old oil. I've found the harbour in Bowen has an oil dump, the horse racing track in Broome has one too. Also some of the inland golf courses with sand greens will take your oil. I'm interested about jimbo's reason too because I'm very close to him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts