Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What does this data plate tell about my cyprus Y60 TD42?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Lawrence 
#1 ·

This data plate is of my 1996 model Y60 TD42 long+high (last 4 digits of chassis number concealed)

Is this correct?
REAR AXLE: HG4.1 - does it mean its fitted with H33 diff with 4.1 ratio? (LSD)

What is the correct axle oil to use in the rear?

Running 33" on 2" ironman lift - so far I have only driven it a few miles since fitting the suspension, if anything I feel it goes a little better on bigger tyres and suspension.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes HG41 means its a 4.1:1 ratio diff from factory and it would be a H233 centre, but H233 can come as an open diff, an LSD, or a vacuum locker. If it's LSD, use a 140 LSD oil, if it's not LSD you could use a high pressure gear oil between 80- 140.
FS5R50A also tells you that your patrol has the big manual gearbox.

#4 ·
Right hand drive model except Australia
Deluxe

The limited slip diff has a sticker on it, otherwise you would have to lift both rear wheels off the ground and spin them. If they spin in the same direction, then its a limited slip. I think a fast manual would be able to give you all the specs on your particular vehicle, except whether or not you have a particular option (like lsd).

#5 ·
My Cyprus 'C'RGY60 didn't seem to be in Fast, but TwinOtter helped me out. It's in General RHD and you need to put in both Chassis # and Model#. And voila!
My bet is it's LSD and 140 LSD is used as said above, but it's an easy check, again as told above.

#6 ·
As I know most of "General" market Patrols without LSD in rear axle. I have "general" market patrol with the same 4.1:1 ratio and without LSD or diff. It's better to check lable, if it still exist on rear diff to find out if there is LSD or not. Or try lifting rear axle and spin whell by hand.

#7 ·
Thank you chaps, yes the sticker was just about hangging on on the rear axle when I did the suspension last week, it is an LSD - the 140 lsd oil seems rather expensive £20+ per litre??

Lawrence; it does have split seats in the second row, has 2 side facing seats in the rear both 2 seats (10 seats atogether - although its only 9 seats practically as the front middle seats is impossible to sit on as there is no leg space in the centre)

#9 ·
has 2 side facing seats in the rear both 2 seats (10 seats atogether - although its only 9 seats practically as the front middle seats is impossible to sit on as there is no leg space in the centre)
Would you mind posting a picture of the rear seat setup? Our Aussie Patrols are 5 or 7 seaters, and some rare 8 seaters. I'd like to see what a 10 seater looks like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.