Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Your no 1 injector lift sensor is playing up. Ensure the snap connector is on tight. As your heads been on/off a few times I would be surprised if someone has damaged the sensor or its wire either.

Clear the code by moving the cursor onto the clear [ ] by the left button then clear it by pressing the right. Restart the truck and go for a drive.

See if the code reappears.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it attribute to the black smoke its blowing?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Yep, motor cant confirm when its actually fired an injection so its timing will be all over the place.

The Needle Lift sensor sends a signal to the ECU whenever fuel passes through the injector. Its a feedback signal to the injection pump.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
benno you home next saturday, if i can find an alternator to throw in this week ill head up to drop that head off for you.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ps: for those who dont have an ecutalk, bloody get one!

brilliant

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Did it come up with that error on the front screen, or do you have to go into the menus to see if you have an error code?

Hmm i should go check for firmware updates too...

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Yep, TD42Tis take ECUTalk.

No fault code diagnosis as they have no fault codes but all the sensor info is displayed.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did it come up with that error on the front screen, or do you have to go into the menus to see if you have an error code?

Hmm i should go check for firmware updates too...
yeah scroll over to error codes or fault codes and itll tell you if there is a problem

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,238 Posts
Tonka I would definitely check all earths to the engine.

Maybe one was left off or loose after your engine repairs, could be the cause of all your problems.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
benno you home next saturday, if i can find an alternator to throw in this week ill head up to drop that head off for you.
From 4:30pm I will be, as its the boat show next weekend Im working down the shop so the guys can go in and do the show.

I only work 3 or 4 weekends a year now in marine when boat shows are on... next weekends one of them.

If after 430s no good, if you want to swing past the shop it will be very quiet.

Or I could head to troys after work (or at his work) after I close the shop.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill pm you thru the week with an update on my alternator issue and if its running, if so we'll t it up to meet somewhere.

im not too fussed either way.

quick q: any suggestions on where i can get a good alternator from should i need one?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
How many earths are there?
A few. Two of them are right on the front of the head... little bolts and black wires on crimped ring terminals. Im pretty sure the NLS will earth direct to the block.

Other earths are the donk to battery to body earth which is always dodgy. Ive got 4 extra earths and run all my accessories directly to battery to avoid the patrols notorious earth dramas.

Heres a pic of the NLS anyway. Red connector beside the coolant out spout.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
This is the main engine harness, theres a wrong label (pretty sure its the fuel filter one) in here somewhere as was pissed when I wrote down what they are but the earth block terminals branch from the NLS connector.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts