I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,196 Posts
Brakes.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,154 Posts
Yes, if you have everything open I'd do brakes and suspension rubbers and a thorough check of joints.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Front brakes done about 1000km ago
As for the bushes, I've heard genuine is the way to go, but what about this set from roadrunner consider they are also rubber rather than PU. (If not, will gladly order genuine from Nizzbits)

4x Radius arm to Differential Bushings
4x Radius Arm to Chassis Bushings
1x Panhard to chassis Bushing (Large Spherical type)
1x Panhard to Differential Bushing​

Also, should I do kingpin bearings too? Will this swivel hub kit suffice?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,154 Posts
looks about right to me, do you have caster bushings?

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,154 Posts
I'd go genuine from Garry for all, but, if you have say 2.5 or 3degree caster bushes he can't supply them. I'm lead to believe Superior do 3d, mine are 2.5d or such and I bought them through Zordo many years ago.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Weld in a brace kit if you feel it may be justified.
I just put a gu diff into my gq so had a full strip down and paint.
I only put a brace on the top side of the knuckle as i figured for a minimal approach this was the most useful spot to strengthen the weakest part. Plus its all i could find in the garage in 10mm plate.

20200208_174524.jpg

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
4,339 Posts
I'll pick some up too.

Also sorry I just edited and rephrased my post to ask if the roadrunner kit would work as you responded. Not sure if you are advising for roadrunner or genuine, but I'm guessing genuine
I have a few Roadrunner bits and can recommend them for sure.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,269 Posts
Thanks guys. Front brakes done about 1000km ago
As for the bushes, I've heard genuine is the way to go, but what about this set from roadrunner consider they are also rubber rather than PU. (If not, will gladly order genuine from Nizzbits)

4x Radius arm to Differential Bushings
4x Radius Arm to Chassis Bushings
1x Panhard to chassis Bushing (Large Spherical type)
1x Panhard to Differential Bushing​

Also, should I do kingpin bearings too? Will this swivel hub kit suffice?
Yes best to do king pin bearings at same time.
But you really need tool to measure preload of bearings then add/remove right size shims to get it to right load.

In saying that i never sorted preload on mine, just chucked old shims back in, but started having issues within 5 years of bearings wearing out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes best to do king pin bearings at same time.
But you really need tool to measure preload of bearings then add/remove right size shims to get it to right load.

In saying that i never sorted preload on mine, just chucked old shims back in, but started having issues within 5 years of bearings wearing out.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Thanks guys.

Garry at Nizzbits has given a quote for the lot. His prices for genuine are actually competitive with the aftermarket stuff, and will also provide a set of kingpin shims in assorted sizes so there's no back and forth

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,154 Posts
Thanks guys.

Garry at Nizzbits has given a quote for the lot. His prices for genuine are actually competitive with the aftermarket stuff, and will also provide a set of kingpin shims in assorted sizes so there's no back and forth
Garry has always looked after us, known him for many years and buy all my genuine bits from him, he also supports our events.

·
Registered
9,305 Posts
Thanks guys.

Even though you are using genuine, you might find this instructions manual from Pedders helpful for the swivel hub seals, bearings etc.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
10 Posts
I'm about to do the same. I'm doing swivels, bearings, brakes, coil braces, chromoly axles and cvs, detroit locker, 4.625 ratios.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
10 Posts
What CroMo axles and CVs are you using. Do you have a big Hp upgrade motor or just for a precaution.
Longfield CV and axles. I have a 1991 GQ Wagon TD42. For now just precaution. Can never be too tough. I'm also running 315/75r16 on 16x10 - 44 sunraysias as a second set (33" first set). Ill be going a TD05 and cross country hopefully next year sometime.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts