Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
10 Posts
Yes I get that but they are bloody expensive bit of gear unless you really have a reason for needing them and plan to treat them rough.
Being rough is not a prerequisite to snapping things. Things can just break especially with lockers. Drop a tyre into a hole while your steering is turned and locked and u have a good chance of snapping cvs even on 1st or 2nd low.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Being rough is not a prerequisite to snapping things. Things can just break especially with lockers. Drop a tyre into a hole while your steering is turned and locked and u have a good chance of snapping cvs even on 1st or 2nd low.
Touch wood I haven't had an axle or CV problem. Have lockers both ends, but with an auto, the power to ground is probably a bit more gentle than with a manual, particularly on steep rocky climbs. Have busted a few free wheeling hubs, so probably good they let go before an axle.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol 97' GU ST Wagon
24 Posts
Hey jackbyo,
Wondering why you seem to have issues with PU bushes?
Is there problems with these I'm not aware of.
Been using them for 3 years now, and as I love on a pretty rough dirt road, and they're holding up pretty well, I'm wondering "what's the go"?

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
PU bushes are not good for true offroading when you need decent articulation. They limit articulation and also don't last long if you are fully articulating a lot. Tend to transmit more vibrations and noise into the cabin too.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts