Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys, after replacing a dying battery tonight, I had a good look at the injection pump as I am hoping to install a turbo from UFI soon and do the basic tune. I was looking at the injection lines and location of bolts/tuning screw etc when I noticed the black box and cables connected to the pump.
The car is a June 2002 build GU series 3 4.2 Turbo Non Intercooled.
There is no EGR, no throttle body butterfly,
I can only assume that the electric cable loom and black connection box immediately to the left of the compensator diaphragm housing below the banjo bolt must make it a TDi Pump? See attached picture.

However, saying that I couldn't see a sensor cable on the #1 injector.......Whats the story here?
I read the Gregory's manual and have done three hours worth of searching here but can't figure out what the story is......

Any info from those in the know would be welcome.

Cheers,
Luke

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Looks like the standard TD42T not Ti, black wire to top of rear of pump is fuel shut off.
Does No:1 injector have any wiring going to it, believe Ti has this never had a look at one myself

·
Registered
nissan
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just wondering whether it could have been the fuel shutoff solenoid madk1w1.....but couldn't find that info handy either.
I'm guessing it must be.......as theres definately no sensor or wire fitted to the #1 injector.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu
355 Posts
TDi pump will have

Throttle position sensor= 3 wires top of pump
Fuel cut solinoid= same a you have
TCV Solinoid= 2 Wires bottom of pump
It will also have needle lift sensor on No1 injector as stated

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
The black box you have described and taken a pic of is part of the nats, nissans anti theft system. It basically requires the correct signal before allowing power to the shutoff solenoid.

·
Registered
nissan
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks fellas, thats cleared it up then!:)

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts