Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people.
been hunting down quotes for insurance for the new 4.2 gu st 2005 model.
Now the problem is that most of the companies want to value at market value of $36k!!!
Now I explain to them that it is next to impossible to buy a low km 4.2 for 36k.
Hell! some dealers have them advertised at 55k and up.

Just curious who you recommend for a good agreed value insurance without getting reamed on the premium.
Cheers Pedro :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I found the NRMA pretty good, their small print was good to, they cover getting parts to you if your in an out of the way place.
Again they let me do the cover over the Red Book amount.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
After many web quotes and phone calls I ended up with the Australian 4WD Association product put together by TCIS with Allianz.

Agreed value, full replacement cost of accessories, no geographic limits so covered anywhere in Oz from the deserts to the beach etc etc.

Just got this years renewal and same price as last year under $1,000 for well over $50,000 cover

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes thats better than the NRMA, I'll have a look @ that as well, mine is coming up soon.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
been hunting down quotes for insurance for the new 4.2 gu st 2005 model. the problem is that most of the companies want to value at market value of $36k
Toyota insurance value mine at 43,000 market value, -thats not agreed, just market according to Toyota. . . . agreed i can get up to 20% more through Toyota, (thats more like it at 52,000) but premiums were around 1500. -im still looking for good insurance. :(

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
82 Posts
Patrol Insurance.

Hi mate,
I am using Suncorp Insurance (ph:131155) and have recommended to about six mates. My Patrols are covered on and off road anywhere in Australia. I have market value plus accessories. Which drags the replacement price up to where it shoud be. They will do agreed value, but that is based on Redbook values which are not realistic. I had a double roll over in my last Patrol and the money was in my bank account in less than an hour after they picked up the car for inspection. You can't argue with that. A mate had a similar thing happen and he didn't have to wait too long for a payment aswell. They also own GIO. Also they will insure modified 4wd's with 5" suspension lifts running 35" tyres as per my ute, and my wagon has a 2" lift running 33" tyres. I have everything listed on my policies just incase.
rgds Keith.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,146 Posts
Im with APIA,2000 4.2 agreed value was 28800.00 plus acc. That was the best I could do.

Shane

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,988 Posts
I've switched from NRMA to Shannons. They take into account things like if you are a club member & how often you drive it. I have my 2.8 GU insured with all accessories for $21 000.
As I only drive the patrol every couple of weeks for trips only, they were over $300 cheaper than anyone else. I also have the 3rd party property insurance on my 95 corolla daily driver with Shannons. It was nearly $100 cheaper than NRMA & they knocked another $40 of the Patrol premium. When my house & contents insurance comes up for renewal next year, I'll check them out for that as well.:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
After many web quotes and phone calls I ended up with the Australian 4WD Association product put together by TCIS with Allianz.

Agreed value, full replacement cost of accessories, no geographic limits so covered anywhere in Oz from the deserts to the beach etc etc.

Just got this years renewal and same price as last year under $1,000 for well over $50,000 cover
i'm also with TCIS, good mob to deal with. i got an agreed value for my 4.2 GUIV at just over 50k and my premium is $1087.

jamie

·
Registered
35 Posts
X2 with Evil Twin
Australian 4 x 4 insurance through DBA insurance (Alianz) found was the way to go. Unlimited extras can be added onto the policy without any extra cost.
The other beauty is they will cover you wherever you are with out limitations. If you read the fine print in many other insurance company policy's they will not cover you if you have gone of a mapped road, or performed a river crossing ect... I put this question to the assessor and i was told if for some reason my patrol ended up in the ocean between here and tassie, tey will still cover me for agreed value and the many $s worth of extras i have listed.
Pay by the month, easy to deal with they have my vote.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
RACQ. Insured anywhere so long as i'm legally there (i.e. have permission if private property a la LCMP). Replacement - new if written off within 2 years. $630 F/C incl glass.

Will NEVER use suncorp again after they stole hundreds of dollars from me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Youi

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dam! some good ideas here!
Like the 4x4 australia company. Will give them a call.
Tried NRMA they were the dearest of the bunch when I quoted.
Tried YOUI on my last 4bi and after about 20 minutes of pretty much asking me how many sheets I used to wipe with, I was told they would not cover me since its modified.

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
I went with RACQ. They have screwed me around in the past but I kept hounding them and evetually got what I wanted. I pay about $85/month for full comp on both the '99 patrol and '98 commodore on the same policy and have member discount, NCD, and multipolicy discount.

I went to all the others like suncorp/qbe/tcis/aami/nrma and some others and RACQ beat the cheapest of the lot by half. that's over $400 dollars in my pocket a year! When I asked them why so cheap, they said that the likelyhood of the car being a Total Write Off (TWO) is low. Other companies quote on the agreed/market value where RACQ quote on a percentage of the agreed/market value.

Don't know if this will help you, but it surprised me and shows you should shop around.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I am through NRMA and mine is covered for on and off road to the agreed value of $21,500, for $985 pa, with rating 1 for life and winscreen cover. Can't really complain as i was through CGU and they wanted to charge me $1385 for 12 months if i renewed my policy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts