Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 1992
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid $14000 For a 1992 Maverick, Immaculate condition,4.2 non turbo, deseil manual,towbar,bullbar,crome sidesteps,ars mags 16 inch rims,180000ks,back seats never been used,serviced every 10000ks,never been of road Did I pay to much???:confused: CHEERS OSLO

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
If you are happy with the vehicle and it fits your needs and wants then thats all that matters. It's been bought now and there will always be something either cheaper or more expensive.

Just enjoy your new toy... :driving:

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Diesel do the services every 5,000Ks

As has been said
If your happy with the purchase and its what you want and your happy to pay the money
What does it matter what anyone thinks
Only you have to be happy with it

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
$14000 is top dollar but if its a tidy rig and your happy with it then yes its worth it.

Make sure you change engine oil and filters every 5000ks

aggreed with that.
from your description sounds alright for the money.

i looked at a 96 patrol, TD42, 185kms, offset mags with new A/T's, arb full lengh roof rack, arb bullbar, 12000lb warn winch, side septs, rear bar with wheel carrier, tint, CB, interior was immaculate, even the clock still worked, with woolie seat covers all round.. old chap wanted $14k

i have had never seen a car like it, it was just almost in showroom condition,
he owned it since new, had all papers, every reciept spent on the old girl..

if i had the cash, i would have given him 14k with out even bargening.
lasted 17 minutes after he posted it for sale.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
It seems the consensus that if you want a good GQ TD42, this is around the figure. Look at it this way, it's one of the very few vehicles that is appreciating.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Its not just the diesel commanding the $$$ either
The later end GQ with the TB42 EFI are up there in the $$$$ area

·
Registered
332 Posts
I payed $12 000 for mine a few months ago but it is identical to yours by the sounds.
But didnt have service history and that, i still would pay 14 for it though. so i say good buy!

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
I just bought a td42 shorty although turboed and paid in the same ballpark...
redbook ive found to be waaay off the mark ; think it puts a max value for a 94'gq at $9000

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
3 or 4 years ago, 93 Mav, $11,000
worn but reasonable paint, chipped all over the front and completely worn off by the drivers elbow.
Lowest tier model whatever that is, vinyl floors etc. several cigarette burns in the vinyl floor but didn't smell like a smokers car.
5 and a half seater (ute front passenger seat licensed for 6 seats)
TD42 un-touched, 230,000km
buggered clutch
buggered brakes had to replace every single thing except for the pedal, booster and lines.
buggered drivers seat
Sagged springs and the shocks were totally stuffed.
Broken barn door hinge.
The cheapest nastiest tyres I've ever seen on Roh 15x7 steelies these rims are so weak I bent one changing a tyre.
Bald spare.
ARB bull bar and combined brush-bars and side steps.
I don't think it even had a tow bar. if it did it was a really flimsy one.
Custom transfer case bash plate, it's an ex- bush fires board vehicle.
Zero service history. On changing the oils I found the wrong oil in the rear diff, transfer and gearbox.
Synchro on first is stuffed. 2nd is on the way out.

I think you got a good deal if it doesn't require any major work like mine did.

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
I just brought a 1990 one for $7k with touch over 160000 on the clock pretty much same as yours except mines a Petrol, maybe the difference in value is because of that?

But as others have said if you think its worth that then its no problem. Keep good care of it and the value will keep to a certain degree :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 1992
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks ,for the input ,it puts my mind at ease,that the money i paid is about right. Have since put 200kgs springs on back(bit stiffer) new ones on front ,lifted it up 60mm all over.Took it for a trip and returned 11.5 litres per 100ks,vehicle was loaded up . Sorry about the extra posts,new at this
Safe driving, OSLO

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Thanks ,for the input ,it puts my mind at ease,that the money i paid is about right. Have since put 200kgs springs on back(bit stiffer) new ones on front ,lifted it up 60mm all over.Took it for a trip and returned 11.5 litres per 100ks,vehicle was loaded up . Sorry about the extra posts,new at this
Safe driving, OSLO
Oslo, don't forget the 5k oil change, very important for the TD42. Caring owners do both filters at the same time.

BTW a good turbo makes a great GQ TD 4.2 into a fantastic one.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 1992
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks , Bruza 2.
What sort of turbo? Gas as well? How much to fit turbo? Can you buy new or second hand?

Cheers OSLO

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mate if you're happy with it, it's a good price. As mentioned do the service every 5k and you'll get value for money, both my patrols have high kms and still going strong, first one was well over 600k and people say that the td42 is only run in

Keep the panels straight and you'll be sweet (or just circle and date the dents as momentos hehe)

Welcome to the club anyways!!!

Ash

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Thanks , Bruza 2.
What sort of turbo? Gas as well? How much to fit turbo? Can you buy new or second hand?

Cheers OSLO
I paid MTQ in Toowoomba $3,500 for a brand new DTS kit fitted, with a Mitsubishi TD05H Turbo, known, like the TD42 for durability and longevity, complete with GU style air-box (fitted where the pre-cleaner is) & 3" dump pipe, (no exhaust).
So happy with the power and torque now, have not seen a need for gas.
You can buy reconditioned second hand, but unless you know someone, i wouldn't go this way. I'm all for saving money but was happy to buy new , for something like a Turbo. Along with above you get a 1000k check, 2 Dyno's, 20k-1yr warranty and compliance plate(Qld).

Cheers, Bruza.

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
2 years ago I sold my 92 SWB GQ TD42 for $8500, had 240 000 kms on the clock. At the time I thought it was reasonable, bought an XR8 falcon and relised after about 6 months what a stupid thing I had done, esp considering I was quite active in 4WD driving. I am still spuing about that.
I have recently just sold the XR8 and have been looking for a GQ TD42 pref LWB again and I couldnt find jack for the sum of around $10 000, so I had to settle on a TB42 petrol donk.
Bought a bloodly good rig with 5" lift and big tyres etc, but for about $8000, mind you it has 320000kms on it.
I think you did ok, considering prices for GQ's are at a premium at the moment.
Look at Landcruisers they are going for much more and more km's but Patrols **** over them anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Ahhh I'm sittin on a goldmine!! ;-)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts