Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Fountain for years...does the job well.

Just this week my wife saw an ad in a glossy magazine she'd picked up at the hairdressers, for a 'special' tomato sauce. I think it's called Three Threes or something similar. Can't be bothered going and checking...don't want to lose the complaining mood.

Anyhow...it tasted like arsepaper. She bought it so must bear the blame and suffer the guilt.

What I'd like to know is: Is there a super tomato sauce out there that I should know about?

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Home made .. lucky I have an awesome wifey chick!

·
Registered
nissan
777 Posts
For a bit of tang you cant go past ABC Hot & Sweet!

First had it in Bali and seen it in woolies the week after, if you are feeling adventurous there is the Extra Hot version but be warned for some melted porcelain in the morning haha

·
Registered
nissan
111 Posts
Rosella!

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Geez bigbear...settle down. Retirement is the time to ponder the important questions in life.

You don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to work. You don't have to find your way to bum****nowhere to do a job. All you need to do is lie on your arse and live the good life.

It is a situation greatly to be desired. Had I known, when I was a youth, what I know now, I would have retired much earlier.

I have a relative, she's 28, and has never done a stroke of work in her life and never will.
She's got a kid and bludges on the dole.

Can you believe that when I started working there was no dole! Nothing...you didn't work...you didn't eat. Amazing eh?

Anyhow, cut us retirees a bit of slack. We at least, had to work to get where we are.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Geez bigbear...settle down. Retirement is the time to ponder the important questions in life.

You don't have to get up in the middle of the night to go to work. You don't have to find your way to bum****nowhere to do a job. All you need to do is lie on your arse and live the good life.

It is a situation greatly to be desired. Had I known, when I was a youth, what I know now, I would have retired much earlier.

I have a relative, she's 28, and has never done a stroke of work in her life and never will.

Can you believe that when I started working there was no dole! Nothing...you didn't work...you didn't eat. Amazing eh?

Anyhow, cut us retirees a bit of slack. We at least, had to work to get where we are.

Here here, agree with everything Estcove has said, except I dont have the relative on the dole.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts

Dont worry about my cheap stabs mate, its all in fun. :lol:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Up until recently I have enjoyed Heinz Tomato with Capsicum & Chilli, but it doesn't seem to be stocked anywhere now.

So I have been on the lookout for a replacement.
Tried Outback Spirit - not impressed.

I've got a bottle of Spring Gully Home Style - haven't cracked it yet, but it looks OK.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Woolies homebrand... I like that best. Fountain tastes like crap in comparison (in my opinion). Dearer is not always better!

Regardless, i use very little. I like to taste food, not sauce. sauce is something you pour over something that otherwse is inedible.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
Home made .. lucky I have an awesome wifey chick!
I'm with you, I have a liver problem, life long so have watch what I eat and the wife makes everything from scratch to keep the toxins out, damn that girl can cook.:D

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the link Jamus. Coles Noosa and IGA are both listed as suppliers. I'll try the Beerenberg first then I'll look at the rest.

I plan to bring our pantry into the 21st Century and re-organise our recipes at the same time. Sometimes I get a bit bored with the usual stodge.

Of course we will always eat traditional roasts and traditional casseroles and soups.

I think we tend to eat too much French style food (my wife is French and does the cooking...I probably shouldn't complain too much.)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts