Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually liked the Australian version of Iron Chef (they did things much better than I expected) and I only got to see three episodes of Australian Top Gear, and both finished in five shows. WTF? Every time I find myself enjoying something on TV, it ends. I honestly don't understand TV programmers/executives/whatever at all.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
IMHO morons run TV in Australia and there is not an original thought or concept amongst any of them.

Programmers basically demand huge ratings from the very first episode of any new show, if not the show is axed simple as that. They simply don't allow people to get into a new program and allow the program to get used to itself.

So many great shows had lame pilot episodes and mediocre fist seasons and then they really took off. Australia prefers to purchase the "guaranteed" shows from the US that have already done well after several seasons. This is getting march harder as the internet has allowed people to see whole seasons before it even gets the first episode so the TV stations are getting further and further behind.

I think TV in Australia as we know it is on the way out as everything will become internet based and on demand.

Cheers

Justin

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Whats wrong with those sh*tty over glorified karioke stupid singing shows we have ???

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
There's very little worth watching on tv these days

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
I wanna see some more cheap Australian comedy like Fat Pizza and Swift and shift couriers.

I though top gear was getting good, but just like last time they pulled it :( I was pissing myself laughing with the caravan show!

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
As a personal rule I don't watch TV. I might watch the occasional series on DVD or that a friend supplies on the sly, but never the broadcast.

I hear too many complaints from my boss about how shockingly useless the free to air stations are with series. The way they chop and change timeslots, shortening shows to fit them in even if they're big numbers, showing episodes in random order and repeating some whilst skipping others.

His biggest complaint was when 9 or 10 took on Top Gear and completely screwed the pooch. Cutting off 10~15 minutes of it, not showing an entire season, almost trying to earn the ire of the fans of one of the biggest series in the world.

At least Uncle Torrence can supply series without interruption.

TV sucks.

·
It's all good
nissan patrol
4,206 Posts
I wanna see some more cheap Australian comedy like Fat Pizza and Swift and shift couriers
good the way they took the piss out of these industries

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
I have to admit that im one of those that doesnt watch much free to air tv , but i do watch alot of programs that i download , if i find something i like i will download the entire series and watch it at my lesiure, its amazing how fast 200 gb a month can dissapear(sp)

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
Or.........if your immersed in a 10 minute segment of ads then they go and toss 5 minutes of a programme in.
Thats when I hit mute and go make a coffee.

Cheers......Lionel.

·
Hello...is there anybody in there?
nissan
304 Posts
I actually liked the Australian version of Iron Chef (they did things much better than I expected) and I only got to see three episodes of Australian Top Gear, and both finished in five shows. WTF? Every time I find myself enjoying something on TV, it ends. I honestly don't understand TV programmers/executives/whatever at all.

Cheers

Ray
Yeah...I don’t usually like to watch cooking show that much, it because I deal with food in commercial kitchen day in day out! But I really enjoy watching Iron Chef Australia! I only got the chance to watch it twice, then the bloody show finished! I believe, in the original Japanese Iron Chef, if the challenger Chef defeated Iron Chef, the challenger chef take the spot off the defeated Iron Chef position!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
i agree 100%, everytime i find what i deem a good show, it gets screwed around with its timeslot before completely dissapearing, or like tonight for example, GO has new episodes of a good show at 9.30, but make me sit through 2 repeats of a 20 yr old show first that have been shown enough times already, wish they'd pick their act up

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like Neighbours, especially on Sundays when they put five episodes on back to back.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
"GEEDAAAYYY KIIDIES"
"Its your uncle arthur"

And
Koln Karperta

Comedy Company,now that was a good show

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

Cheers

Ray
I know what you mean Ray. There have been quite a few good aussie drama's that I liked but they got moved to a late night spot and then cut altogether.
Too many people want to take their brain out and watch stuff like two and a half men.....the most watched show in Oz??????

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Too many people want to take their brain out and watch stuff like two and a half men.....the most watched show in Oz??????

Only because it's broadcast 15 (european) billion times a day!

I used to like it... now it's just old.

I watch the 7pm project. But last night, the missus put on a Jimmy Barnes record (yes vinyl) and we ate tea at the table. That was nice - talking to each other for once instead of staring at the box...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts