Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a GQ 1992 TI, and under both front seats is what looks like an amp or bass kicker?? looks stock? and I am not imagining it but the drivers side has got some definate sound from the stereo under it. Please help, Ive been told I'm nuts!

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
Can you attach some pictures?

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah will put some up tomorrow, but hoping someone had the same. They have grooves in them like the back of an amp, I was told it was the computer, but these things are about 250mm square!!! each side

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah but mine looks alloy, and REAL primative lol. no obvious signs of a speaker in it either. will wait till tomorow and post pics, got me stuffed.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
both sides? or is there a kicker on one side? cause I was told I was full o' Shi te when I said that!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi GoGoGu,
If it's anything like my safari, the one under the passenger seat is an amp for the rear (in my case barn door) speakers, and the drivers side is an active sub. Mine are Clarion. You might find that when you get them powered up they sound awful. That's coz peeps doo't realise what they are, put in a new head unit and feed them with 30 watts... Blows the speakers off their diaphragms!
I bought new diaphragms and now they work fine. There's a thread on this in the Safari section.
Good luck!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awesome! Thanks for the help. Yet another reminder to never doubt myself, and not listen to know it alls! And yeah, they do sound crap.

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey oil, either one works, no good having horses without acceleration though!

·
Roads are for Toyota's
nissan patrol 4.2
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are no visible knobs on either, so not sure how

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Lol, when I got mine my spks were blown in the front doors.so never had it cranked and turned base all the way down. I replaced spks and turned it up. I was like holy **** that sounds good...
I like it, not going to replace my unit. I think it sounds good for a stock system.and it's got tweeters on the pillar aswell my friendly spider loves it, he's set up home in front of the passenger one. Mrs hates it...

So enjoy it mate, touch of luxury...maybe..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts