Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr td 6 intercooler
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just wondering what is the best workshop manual for the GU/GR?, I have Ellery's and to be honest I find it pretty useless and a complete waste of money as it is not basic enough for a novice like me. I am used to the Haynes workshop manuals over here and find the step by step layout super. Was thinking about getting the Haynes one for the GU but read a post by Benno recently where he kind of said not to take everything in it as gospel as it borrows alot of pics from the TD42 I think. What do ye think of the cd versions of the manuals on eBay, are they any good. Basically, which one is the best for novices, i.e. Step by step guidance, pics and exploded diagrams?

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
You can't beat the genuine Nissan manual.

Get onto google there are numerous copies and I believe there are links on this site I just have not used them.

I actually keep a copy of the workshop manual on my phone.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a look on google but kept coming up with these file sharing sites and having to download torrents, a bit over my head and wud not trust some of the downloads, don't want any virus's. I think I will go for one of the cd versions on ebay, cheap and easiest option. Having it on ur phone is dead handy, next step is to get an ipad and load it on there :D, wud have brill graphics then

·
Registered
nissan
69 Posts
Hey Justin, what sort of file have you got loaded onto your phone, and where would we find it? Thanks mate, Grant.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That question also entered my mind Youngbloke and what kinda phone is it loaded on to?

·
Registered
nissan
1,422 Posts
You can't beat the genuine Nissan manual.

Get onto google there are numerous copies and I believe there are links on this site I just have not used them.

I actually keep a copy of the workshop manual on my phone.

Cheers

Justin
If I could get this sorted for my iPad it would live in e glove box haha. Won't be that hard I don't think just needs to be a pdf file.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, imagine, slide under the rig armed with a spanner in one hand an ipad in the other...haha, times are a changing boys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts