Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this.
this is a pic i used from this site cause i couldn get a good one with my turbo still on car.

the brass elbow on mine has rubber hose going to my boost controler then down to accuator, also has a T piece in it which goes to my gas system
my new gt2860 like the one in this pic doesn have the brass fitting screwed into the side of it, can i drill and tap a thread into it and put one in???

·
Registered
nissan
1,176 Posts
It is just a built in boost reference port, normally used for internal waste gate boost signal, you can drill and tap a thread into the new turbo, the problem you need to look out for, is that you make sure you have enough depth or wall thickness, in the area of the new compressor housing you wish to drill into.

Personally i would just leave the new turbo as is, and take a boost reference line from another area of the plenum or intake (after the turbo of course) much easier, and will do the same job !

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok yeah thankyou very much, ive got to make a whole new intake pipe work from turbo to cooler so ill tap into that somewhere when i do that. thanks mate

·
Registered
nissan
11,122 Posts
to get the most accurate boost pressure to the actuater have the feed line as close to the manifold as possible as you will get boost drop between turbo and inlet.
just tap a thread into the pipework after the intercooler and go with that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts