Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ute
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi lads, My brother wants to sell he's 2 SWB mq's. Both are st33t's.

The white one was registed last year until keyway in crankshaft went. so its not running.
3200xxx k's, New clutch, 2" TD lift, 3" stainless snorkel, 84 mod. manual

The yellow one did run until starter motor was taken off, after market long range fuel tank. safari snorkel, no rear seats, no canopy. manual

So how much do u think there worth together? Thanx.

·
Registered
nissan patrol mk
3,306 Posts
your images are linked to the email you got or something...
Perhaps try saving the photos to your desktop, then try editing your post (and you'll get the advanced editing screen). then you can attach the images to the post, and they will be displayed on here ;)

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Hi lads, My brother wants to sell he's 2 SWB mq's. Both are st33t's.

The white one was registed last year until keyway in crankshaft went. so its not running.
3200xxx k's, New clutch, 2" TD lift, 3" stainless snorkel, 84 mod. manual

The yellow one did run until starter motor was taken off, after market long range fuel tank. safari snorkel, no rear seats, no canopy. manual

So how much do u think there worth together? Thanx.
Both not running,probably worth what youd get for parts and scrap whats left
Good running diesel turbo motors are getting hard to find ,as are some of the other bits n pieces ,the turbo gear is where the monies at,but ............
The bum has fallen out in value for these old girls,GQs ruff round the edges can be found for a grand or more
Some pics will help,but unless 1 turbo diesel motor is running, dont expect much

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,961 Posts
Any rust in them? Has an affect on price.

Also, its a bugger you're not closer to me...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ute
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

These are the only pics i have but my bro will post more when he gets back to NSW.

As for rust, the white one has only one little hole the size of your thumb on the drivers side kick plate. The yellow one is is only good for spares. The motor and long range tank were going into the white one but plans have changed.

Combine some parts from both and there will be an awsome tough truck, worth a bit more than a couple hundred i think..

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Jerry,
Are the Shortys in Browns Plains or in NSW?
Trevor.

·
Registered
nissan
1,234 Posts
Put them on ebay with a .99c starting price. Then youll find out what there worth

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts

These are the only pics i have but my bro will post more when he gets back to NSW.

As for rust, the white one has only one little hole the size of your thumb on the drivers side kick plate. The yellow one is is only good for spares. The motor and long range tank were going into the white one but plans have changed.

Combine some parts from both and there will be an awsome tough truck, worth a bit more than a couple hundred i think..
People arent really interested in building one from two, unless they are cash strapped and have time aplenty
There not worth alot in running driving condition,so two that can make one isnt a viable option money wise
They mite be worth more than a few hundred, thats about what the scrappie would pay for the lot
Checkout whats selling on egay, theres been plenty of driving turbo diesels shorties that struggle to sell for a grand or more
Harsh as reality is, its not what there worth its what you get

·
1986 SD33T SWB
10,961 Posts
They're not worth a lot anymore mate, theres a really nice looking one in vic, lifted, muddies, snorkel, 5spd etc with RWC, and he can't get $3k for it.

2 shorties to make one good one aren't worth a lot, not many people want to stuff around with that sorta crap.
I got my running, driving, rust free, turbo diesel for $900, so I'd say the max you would get for them is $800. People struggle to offload parts cars for $300 or less...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu ute
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok thanx guys, I have a much better idea of what there worth. Looks like parting out is the best option.

·
1986 SD33T SWB
10,961 Posts
If you had the time, you could put the good engine in the good car, and you might get a bit more for it then, 1 weekend should see it done fairly easily as they are the same engine. Provided the other engine is good, theres not much rust and it's fairly close to Road worthy.
Probably an extra few hundred dollars, and at least that way you can advertise as a running car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey mate that white one is a GL which means it's worth more, steel canopy factory suspension seat and fully trimmed in the rear, not many of these were made, but if it does get scrapped i will take the GL badges off the doors

1 - 20 of 21 Posts