Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will do my best to describe as dont have a camera handy atm. Have a 2003 gu. below the MAF there seems to be another unit which also joins onto the main air hose past the MAF. Has smaller 3 hoses coming out of it. One seems to go below the intercooler cover, one has fallen out which has what looks like a green round filter on it. the third is a loop hose.

hope someone can make some sense of this

thanks.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
Will do my best to describe as dont have a camera handy atm. Have a 2003 gu. below the MAF there seems to be another unit which also joins onto the main air hose past the MAF. Has smaller 3 hoses coming out of it. One seems to go below the intercooler cover, one has fallen out which has what looks like a green round filter on it. the third is a loop hose.

hope someone can make some sense of this

thanks.
It is VG Turbo control solenoid.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
That is the ecu boost control unit mate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that the tube with the green dampner goes straight to the turbo actuator. Double check this mate before reattatching.

Good luck

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im assuming its pretty urgent to get this hooked back up. have only owned the vehicle for a few months, by the look of the end of it its been off for a while. would there be any reason for it to be off??

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,613 Posts
im assuming its pretty urgent to get this hooked back up. have only owned the vehicle for a few months, by the look of the end of it its been off for a while. would there be any reason for it to be off??
Well without it the turbo is not variable geometry anymore. So yeah I'd connect it, you might get some engine power back. I'd would assume without vacuum control the turbo lag must be terrible. Someone might have disconnected but I fail to see why apart to stop turbo from over-boosting.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Looking at the workshop manual it shows one vacuum hose to the aircleaner ,another (the middle one) with the damper to the turbocharger actuator & another (the short fitting off the solenoid) to the vacuum tank

Regards Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts