Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per title what is your preferred fun tyre and why? What size? bead locks or not? Do you like mud, rocks, sand or a mixture ?

As for me....... only tried 35/10.5/15 simex centipede so far and love em! No beadlocks and dont like mud but hate getting stuck in it even more!.

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Nitto Mud Grapplers.
It's the most aggressive tyre I have run and still drives brilliantly on road, dead smooth can't feel any lugs and there is 50mm voids between some lugs, tons of grip on wet roads. True sizing and very easy to balance, great quality tyre.
35s
Bead locked
Rock is my favourite terrain, but enjoy mud and sand also.

My old creepys next to the new grapplers

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Had some 35" Pro comp Xterrains (316/75x16) they were great in sand, rocks dirt, clogged up a bit in mud, good on road when new. But once they were half worn became noisy and horrible on the road.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Love my 36" TSL Swampers, on Beadlock rims. Dont actually use them all that often, as i have a set of Q78 TSL's that just wont die !!

However, every time i bolt them on, i get an over wealming feeling of joy !!

Theyre bloody noisy, handle terribly on the road, shake like all poo untill the autobalance kicks in, theyre great !!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
59 Posts
38x15 tyre.jpg Creepy Crawlers 38x13x15 ain't nothing they dont like, or i'll point them at, eats the lot OFFROAD! on the black stuff not viseable

·
Registered
nissan
289 Posts
I have Maxxis trepadore radial in the 35s, they are nearly 5 years old, they have a really strong bead and it takes a lot of crap for them to start loosing air.
I prefere rock and I think wet rock is where they really shine.
I have also modifed the tread pattern and so far I am happy with the changes

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,460 Posts
currently running dick cepek mud countries
awesome in the mud.
not sure about rocks yet. think i need to play with lowet pressures a bit as i only gone down to 18psi.
on road there bad for under steer in the wet. just means taking round abouts with bit more caution

1 - 8 of 8 Posts