Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

4481 - 4500 of 4518 Posts

·
Go The Knights and Blues
31,306 Posts
Sitting in the driveway at beer o'clock can lead to seeing many surprisings things both natural and man made, this flew over recently, I didn't have my camera but neighbour did so he took these and sent them to me today (everything was a blurr to me at the time anyway due to eye issue).
They have just completed a second and bigger runway at the now international Maroochy Airport and recently there have been numerous test flights, which is what we think this was, it did a number of passes over and around the airport, then went out over the ocean.
Interesting bit of gear, have not seen a refuel-er here before.
View attachment 521893

View attachment 521894
Shouldn't this be in the what cheeses me offf thread???
Having planes flying over my place would P me right off..
Especially if they flew over and dump fuel all over my house..😉

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
No, I lived under one flight path for sydney airport, didn't bother me :).
But I reckon you will be posting in there, just heard a 9 year old boy has tested positive for covid down your way after playing in a local sport day. Wasn't your team was it?

·
Go The Knights and Blues
31,306 Posts
No, I lived under one flight path for sydney airport, didn't bother me :).
But I reckon you will be posting in there, just heard a 9 year old boy has tested positive for covid down your way after playing in a local sport day. Wasn't your team was it?
No... And that's second hand news

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I finally get the truck sitting on the road the way it should drive, after 2yrs of saying that it steers from the drive.. Wheel alignments done last week and the suspension height dropped another 15mm and the bloody thing now drives in a straight line, as it should have from new! Forking w.anker fools that set things up and tell people that how it needs to be but what would I know, I just wrestle it all over the road all day long. 🖕

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
Iam a tyre fitter/apprentices mechanic and i always listen to the customer. There rig and they would know it better then anyone else know matter how good you are . So when u said to me its pulling to the left i would have rectified it for you . Some idiots will never learn because they never listen . Grandfather taught me that the hard way 😁

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts

·
Go The Knights and Blues
31,306 Posts
I think I'm making progress on the mistress of finance of convincing her that we need a new evakool fridge before we go away camping again..
The Waeco is going ok still after I put a new thermistor sensor in it but I'm not gonna tell her that...
I just want a new fridge..
Is that so bad?🤷

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
Yes.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,396 Posts
Ordered some printer ink online at 2:00pm yesterday & it arrived here in the Northern Maldives at 4:00pm today. Can't beat that for service.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,597 Posts
Browsing through BuzzFeed an article about what you can purchase in an Alaskan Costco. 😄👍
D436F9F9-14CA-4496-9316-75B1771D277E.png

·
Registered
nissan g160
263 Posts
Selling a lounge suite on facebook marketplace and having the buyer organise payment and a removalist to uplift it within 2 hours. Rapt. All done and with near zero effort on my part.

Also, I second the rivnuts. So satisfying.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Rivnuts/mutserts. What wonderful things these are, that allow us to remedy (some of) the design f***ups made by car manufacturers to save a fraction of a cent.
I have had 2 kits for many years, whitworth with ally inserts ( just sitting around now lol) and my metric kit with steel and St/St inserts, hell of a lot of gear hanging on mine from the trusty rivnuts.

4481 - 4500 of 4518 Posts