Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 4770 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
8,871 Posts
Hearing from a mate that you haven't heard from in 14 yrs.

Reactions: Foo and rgren2

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,426 Posts
Reactions: rgren2

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,227 Posts
Big day today, absolutely buggered. Did equivalent of 60 odd flights of stairs and 14 kms on foot, a fair bit with a 15kg tool bag and bucket of parts, and the constant reminder of a mildly throbbing toothache.

It’s 6.40pm, still 35.2 degrees, sitting out front of donga. Had some nuromol (sp?) for toothache, my much loved favourite Dire Straits tunes on the Bluetooth player quietly in background, stretched the carcass and took boots off, rubbed feet and I’m on second can of bundy. Crickets are chirping and there isn’t a breath of wind, doesn’t sound like much but I can’t describe how relaxed I feel, good for the soul.

Every dog has his day.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Sounds like bliss to me.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,426 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,161 Posts
Except for the walking 14klms and 35c temp. 😵

Foo
Nah, ok for a young fella. I couldn’t do it now.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,426 Posts
Upsetting everyone on the ABC page praising the QLD Head Health Dr and her handling of the beer virus. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣😇

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
We caught up with an old mate and his wife for lunch today, they have been travelling in northern QLD since before the lockdown and not in any hurry to go back, bloody great caravan in which they are totally self sufficient.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
A few days waking up to this each morning.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
Nice spot
Is that Roochy door?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No, loo la ba

Have seen one of the most focused Bush Turkey's in the history of the world right here. While on a long walk we came across a young male turkey that was moving a pile of dead leaves, he had scraped them into a pile from under a tree on one side of a wide concrete path and was moving them diagonally, around 8m, to the other side, it was fascinating to watch. His natural engineering skills shone through, when the pile got too high he would move to the other side and start creating anothe pile behind in the direction he was moving it.

We sat down on a nearby bench and watched him for about 20 minutes, people walking or jogging past did not deter him.

We recommenced our walk and did the return leg around an hour and a half later, by this time he had not only moved it across the concrete but also another 5m into a fenced off vegetaion area and was crouched under a stump admiring his handywork.

Amazing nature at its best.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
Roochy door, loo la ba.. same same full of traffic jams and people everywhere...🙄
No, totally different, only a very jealous 'Novacastrian' would believe they were the same.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,855 Posts
Saw a pod of whales out off the break wall this afternoon and a school of Mac just behind the shark net.

4721 - 4740 of 4770 Posts