Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

5541 - 5560 of 5611 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Now all you need to do is move the collection....
That's a problem for future me... who will have to rent a car trailer for a weekend lol.
And then theres all the parts and crap... might need a box trailer too...

I felt the same about that "little piece of paper",but I was determined to kill it,put all spare cash into the loan [ which reduces the capital,] where we could,and eventually paid it off early :giggle: At the time the mortgage seemed huge,almost depressing,especially when I got stuck in a soul sucking job but had no option.🌪.Looking back,that loan was about $14,000 [1974] sold the place about 5 years ago for about $600,000 😲 and that's my face when it was valued ! so hang in there,pay out as much of the capital as possible and look to the bright light along the tunnel 😉
Pretty tidy return on investment there!
I made sure to get a loan with an offset, additional repayments option and redraw so I can pay down the loan quicker, and offset some of the interest.
Plan is to get the missus in as well, both pay a bit extra and use offsets as savings accounts, reducing a portion of interest is a better return than any actual savings account I'll find.

Congratulations, I guess your not moving to Qld now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Will eventually get up there hopefully.
Just gotta wait till this joint triples in value lol.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,910 Posts
@james008 ,what interest rate are you getting? When we bought our first house back in 1992 we had a 12 month honeymoon rate of around 12%, luckily the house only cost us $117k. Sold it 4 years ago for $835k, glad I'm not trying to get into my first house now.

Reactions: 45/70 and Foo

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
Used this gear on my lights today and yes it does work removing the yellow lens. View attachment 531582
Out of interest, how bad were they to start with?

The headlights on my patrol are just starting to go off at the top, if I was smart I’d nip it in the bud I guess.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,660 Posts
Out of interest, how bad were they to start with?

The headlights on my patrol are just starting to go off at the top, if I was smart I’d nip it in the bud I guess.
Had the hiace fixed at the crash repairs and new headlight was shiny so polished other one that was not replaced
crash (2).jpg
then did patrol ones just to clean them.

Reactions: Leethal

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
@james008 ,what interest rate are you getting? When we bought our first house back in 1992 we had a 12 month honeymoon rate of around 12%, luckily the house only cost us $117k. Sold it 4 years ago for $835k, glad I'm not trying to get into my first house now.
2.69% interest rate mate, 2.70% comparison.
It was the best deal I could find that packaged multiple offsets, unlimited redraws. The annual fee is waived for first home buyers too.

Market is pretty nuts right now, it took a weeks to find a house where I could put in an offer within $10k of the upper price guide range. Albeit I was in the low end of the market.
Conversely I'm glad I'm not paying early 90s interest rates, property prices are high but interest rates are low... kinda balanced out I suppose.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,351 Posts
Well done James. I've slowly been saving for a deposit myself, hoping to be in a house by this time next year.

Hoping the market will crash around then and interest rates still cheap and a i can snag a bargain!

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Well done James. I've slowly been saving for a deposit myself, hoping to be in a house by this time next year.

Hoping the market will crash around then and interest rates still cheap and a i can snag a bargain!
Thanks mate.

I've been keeping an eye on the market for the last year and a bit hoping for a covid crash... and it didn't happen. RBA also reckons interest rates will be low for the next couple of years at least so the chance of housing dropping at all is unlikely, low interest rates are good for repayments, but also encourage high prices. Or at least that is my understanding.
Also, in 30 years we've gone from interest rates of nearly 20% and down to 2% on loans, so work out your repayments at 5, 7, 8% etc to ensure repayments are still affordable. And while rates are so low use the opportunity to pay off as much as possible.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Thanks mate.

I've been keeping an eye on the market for the last year and a bit hoping for a covid crash... and it didn't happen. RBA also reckons interest rates will be low for the next couple of years at least so the chance of housing dropping at all is unlikely, low interest rates are good for repayments, but also encourage high prices. Or at least that is my understanding.
Also, in 30 years we've gone from interest rates of nearly 20% and down to 2% on loans, so work out your repayments at 5, 7, 8% etc to ensure repayments are still affordable. And while rates are so low use the opportunity to pay off as much as possible.
I bought my current house in 1992 for about $300000 and its worth over a million bucks now. I paid it off in 2005 when I retired. Best thing I ever did.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,910 Posts
Our first house was ex-army at Holsworthy, pretty much the cheapest houses in Sydney at the time, was about 3.5 times my anual salary at the time. We sold it for almost 10 times my final anual salary, so I think it's a lot harder now, even with lower interest rates.

Reactions: Marko_SJ and Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,857 Posts
Our first house was ex-army at Holsworthy, pretty much the cheapest houses in Sydney at the time, was about 3.5 times my anual salary at the time. We sold it for almost 10 times my final anual salary, so I think it's a lot harder now, even with lower interest rates.
Yep. 17% of a mouse is less than 2% of an elephant.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,391 Posts
On my way home from work saw the Northern Land Council bloke spraying glyphosate on mature pest grass that had already seeded and is in the process of dying off anyway.

Made my day in an ironic kind of way...

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,528 Posts
On the boat ramp this morning, another vehicle towing a boat turns up, young fella jumps out and loudly announces “ Wonder what the poor people are doing, probably going to work, haa, haa, haa.” Then comes over to me (I’m feeling really crook, had a bad night, chemo kicked in), “Remember me, you taught me a while ago”, gives me his name and the memory kicks in. Ten years, he was probably 17-18 then. Most other teachers didn’t like him, I got on really well with him, nice to see old ex students and have them come up and chat.
I musta done something right. 😁🤓

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,613 Posts
My eldest boy is well advanced on selections to do a six month stint on Australia’s Antarctic base, so proud of him and we really hope he gets it. If not he has an offer with westrac tomwork at a Rio site, doing a trade upgrade so he’ll be dual trade and get just shy of 200k while he’s doing it,

And the best bit... he’s just bought another patrol, he sold his first one when he went to Canada for 18 months (but came home early when COVID hit). He has a good head on his shoulders and obviously taste in cars.

The younger lad (the throwback) is a roof chippy but he has a ranger so we don’t talk about him 😎🤪😇

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,417 Posts
Had to attend a sixtieth birthday tonight. Wife’s sister in law. Was a good night and looking out our window will have a good preview of next weekend’s boat show tomorrow. And the bar here makes the best whiskey sour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,417 Posts
Went for look around this morning. The sister in laws v39 is going to be on display at the Princess site. It is for sale as she has her eye on the v55 as shown below. She has owned v52 and 62 before so jumping back up to 55 should not worry her.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,475 Posts
Went for look around this morning. The sister in laws v39 is going to be on display at the Princess site. It is for sale as she has her eye on the v55 as shown below. She has owned v52 and 62 before so jumping back up to 55 should not worry her.

If she was a good sister in law, she would have given it to you. 😁😇

Foo

5541 - 5560 of 5611 Posts