·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,709 Posts

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,367 Posts
I didn't think anyone escaped being exposed to the Jackass videos,idiots doing stupid stunts,want a matchbox car up your bum ? these are the people for just that ! Thanks regen2 for the backing,wouldn't waste good whiskey celebrating these twats,quality duty free is hard to get today,I don't make 'shine in the shed :LOL:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
I don't usually take pics of food but, Wife's Birthday today (for the next 10 months I'm back to being the toy boy) so made a booking at 'The Boatshed' over at Cotton Tree, hadn't been there for a couple of years.

Man, what a feed. While looking out over this:

I was eating this, Coconut Prawns on Banana Roasted in Rum:

And the Pecan Sticky Pudding Desert was sublime, no pic.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,709 Posts
I don't usually take pics of food but, Wife's Birthday today (for the next 10 months I'm back to being the toy boy) so made a booking at 'The Boatshed' over at Cotton Tree, hadn't been there for a couple of years.

Man, what a feed. While looking out over this:
View attachment 533370

I was eating this, Coconut Prawns on Banana Roasted in Rum:
View attachment 533371

And the Pecan Sticky Pudding Desert was sublime, no pic.
Now that's something that I never ever thought of doing = roasting bananas in rum! :unsure: 🤤

Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,833 Posts
Now that's something that I never ever thought of doing = roasting bananas in rum! :unsure: 🤤

Foo
I first came across this while working in Switzerland many years ago, was invited to the sales managers home for dinner and he did them in Bourbon> Lightly brown the banana, split the top and open up, sprinkle a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar over the top, pour in some Rum/Bourbon and put back in oven until liquor dissolves the sugar.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
WOO HOO!!!

Nothing set in stone yet…

But Ronnie Morgan who is the traditional owner allowed to take people up the Carson River track (aka the Oombulgurri Track) in the Kimberley, well he and I have a mutual friend, Ronnie took us fishing for the day up in whoop whoop NE of Wyndham a few years ago and he’s one of the nicest blokes you’d ever meet.

Anyhoo there is a very strong likelihood that we’ll be doing the first trip up the Carson River track after the wet season next year, regarded by many as the most remote track in Oz.

Goes from Home Valley station in the east Kimberley, 400kms north then west across most of the big Kimberley rivers to Kalumburu, with some of the best and most remote fishing and scenery in the universe.

No camper trailers, at least two spares, recovery points front and rear, recovery gear and a winch is minimum requirements plus spares for your car.

This is my dream trip and number one on my bucket list, I could die a happy man a week later.

If it comes off I’ll be happier than a one legged lezzo on a pogo stick, so I need to look at prepping my car. Need two new arms made for rear bar for two wheels, fit bilge pumps under seats, fit my recaros from the GQ, fit another optima parallel with main to power winch, need to turf second row seats for second fridge and storage, making storage hot water system for showers (have a genius plan there just quietly), and bash plate under transfer for the big rocks in the river crossings.

For starters…

This could be peak Leeroy… already have goosebumps. 25 years of 4wds have lead to this 🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,367 Posts
WOO HOO!!!

Nothing set in stone yet…

But Ronnie Morgan who is the traditional owner allowed to take people up the Carson River track (aka the Oombulgurri Track) in the Kimberley, well he and I have a mutual friend, Ronnie took us fishing for the day up in whoop whoop NE of Wyndham a few years ago and he’s one of the nicest blokes you’d ever meet.

Anyhoo there is a very strong likelihood that we’ll be doing the first trip up the Carson River track after the wet season next year, regarded by many as the most remote track in Oz.

Goes from Home Valley station in the east Kimberley, 400kms north then west across most of the big Kimberley rivers to Kalumburu, with some of the best and most remote fishing and scenery in the universe.

No camper trailers, at least two spares, recovery points front and rear, recovery gear and a winch is minimum requirements plus spares for your car.

This is my dream trip and number one on my bucket list, I could die a happy man a week later.

If it comes off I’ll be happier than a one legged lezzo on a pogo stick, so I need to look at prepping my car. Need two new arms made for rear bar for two wheels, fit bilge pumps under seats, fit my recaros from the GQ, fit another optima parallel with main to power winch, need to turf second row seats for second fridge and storage, making storage hot water system for showers (have a genius plan there just quietly), and bash plate under transfer for the big rocks in the river crossings.

For starters…

This could be peak Leeroy… already have goosebumps. 25 years of 4wds have lead to this 🤪🤪🤪
A cunning plan m'lord ?

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,498 Posts
Cashed in my scrap copper today.

Small 148 kilos @ $4.00 per kg.

Medium 164 kilos @ $ 7.00 per kg.

If I had stripped the medium copper they would have paid up to $12.00 per kg.

No wonder theft from work sites is so high.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,982 Posts
I should collect all the copper water pipe laying around my place. The previous owner used it to support shade cloth in a couple of shade houses that I've pulled down & there is a fair bit just laying around near one of the old sheds.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,164 Posts
Today I sold some batteries and solar parts to a young man, looked like a surfer dude. You know blonde hair and a tan etc. I asked what are these for and he says my canoe.
Hmmmm
What ya running on your canoe ? A fridge ha ha ha I said.
Well f me
Read this and meet Tom.
I hope he makes it back in one piece and best of luck brave man.
Ps: he has no back up support crew, he is going solo all alone out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,709 Posts
Today I sold some batteries and solar parts to a young man, looked like a surfer dude. You know blonde hair and a tan etc. I asked what are these for and he says my canoe.
Hmmmm
Well f me
Read this and meet Tom.

Fork, I couldn't do something like that, the sea/ocean scares the crap out of me. 😬 Interesting that he has made it from timber, because listening to a woman that did the same thing, she had hers built from carbon fibre for strength and the sections where designed to be able to take impact from a 30mtr breaking wave and not break up. :eek:

Good luck to him and hope he gains what he's looking for in life. 😉

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
1,624 Posts
Hmmmm
Well f me
Read this and meet Tom.

Did you sell the stuff to him cheap to get sponsorship on his boat

Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,753 Posts
Grandson from Dubbo (4th year apprentice tiler) is leaving Dubbo to come and live and work here. Has work lined up. Was going to be here next Wednesday , is now packing to leave to get across the border to beat the lockdown. Hopes to cross before 10pm and then camp the rest of the night. Will arrive tomorrow.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,693 Posts
What a joyous day at work today delivering to people in home quarantine , leave at front door do not knock or ring doorbell. At least I'm working during state lockdown.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,693 Posts
Wife's car declared a write off ,so off shopping for a new car we go. Lucky have new for old insurance on it so insurance pays for new car. Will be a current model new Mazda 2 as that is what it replaces.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,433 Posts
Hit 75kg down from 84kg this morning which was my original goal but now i'm here think i need to go down to 70kg. I got another months worth of MAN SHAKE delivered during the week, so think by the time i get thru all that i should be around where i want to be.

5641 - 5660 of 5680 Posts