Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
5941 - 5960 of 5962 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
You should have taken that advice. 😁
Been my son since he was 18 months old. He only knows me as his dad, does know about his bio (manic depressive gone to schizophrenic). We sometimes have decent conversations, weed is his undoing. Lunar cycles don’t help. Breaks my heart. 😖

·
Registered
nissan
596 Posts
Been stewing over our next go go mobile. Been rather keen on a RAM 2500 or similar, but the wife won't have a bar of them. So while sitting at the pub looking at the Y62 I said what about a "chop job conversion". ??
Man, she got all excited, she even started looking for available personalised plates. The bummer part (NOT) is she'll only do it if it's brand new 1. Go figure.... We were at the pub though and not all promises made at the pub come true.We are also bidding on a new house this week and we cannot do both, if successfully, the house being a defenity "Doo er upper" will take all my play $$ for awhile.

But the seed is planted.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
20 litres of used diesel sump oil. You’ll have to pick up. 👍

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
I also have a doer upper.

A house.
And a Patrol....

.....or 6

And a ride on lawn mower.

I accept donations.
I have a second hand mower battery and one for the patrol if you want to come to qld and grab them

Oh I forgot
You can’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
The generosity of us Queenslanders know no bounds. Hope we’re appreciated. 🤔😁👍

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
I have a second hand mower battery and one for the patrol if you want to come to qld and grab them

Oh I forgot
You can’t

20 litres of used diesel sump oil. You’ll have to pick up. 👍
Deal!
I'll get an essential workers permit to cross the border lol.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
I have permission to drive the car. Yippeee
Because it needs fuel

My wife’s generous like that. Is yours?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Probably should give it a service too. Last one was back in Oct 2018
But in fairness it’s only done 5000k in 3 years and the oil is still clean as new

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
FMD, who lets a vehicle get so low on fuel that the warning light comes on. 😖
My missus does it a lot.

Best one was when she pulled up, 15km away from a servo, with 0km remaining on the trip meter.
There is a fuel gauge.
There is a fuel light.
It beeps at 80km
It beeps at 40km
It beeps at 20km.

And she still ran out of fuel. Its pretty amazing actually.

In fairness though, she did learn something. As unforeseen and surprising as it is to run out of fuel after a measly 5 warnings, the best way to prevent it happening again is to...... carry a small jerry can in the car, which to this day sits in the boot never having had a drop of petrol in it.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,393 Posts
It shjts me when I get undder 1/4 (in both tanks)..
Sheilas amaze me,
They will still keep nailing you about the m/t can you left on the lounge room floor after the 1998 Grandfinal, then they go do stupid crap like that,
And its ok???wtf.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,129 Posts
I used to do it sometimes when I was in Sydney, with the weekly price cycles of fuel up to 20c/L. Always tried to get through to the cheap days before filling up. Heading home from a Vic high country trip years ago, coming from Little River Junction to Jindabyne, my low fuel light came on around the Vic/NSW boarder, put 118L in at Jindabyne, so still had around 7L (50km) left.
It's not good for the fuel sender to constantly re-fuel with the tank fairly full, it wears out the coil with the contact just rubbing on a small area.

·
Registered
nissan
1,085 Posts
Sky Atmosphere Plant Wood Tree

After a fairly warm spring day, the first twenty minutes of my bush walk was with the lovely cool breezes just before rain. The remaining two hours was steady drizzle, really nice temperature.

5941 - 5960 of 5962 Posts