Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
7281 - 7300 of 7324 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
12,567 Posts
I’d come down and give you a hand except, I’ve got a bone in my leg.
My daughter walks up to me and says we need to clean up this area because snakes would love it.
She asks if I need a hand ?
I told her I found a massive brown snake skin in there and she walked away muttering something .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
nissan
1,254 Posts
Fitting a new dash into the car and found a long lost item that has annoyed me losing it. Bought this with hard earned cash when I was a young fella messing around with model plane’s and there it was sitting inconspicuously between the dash pad and the windscreen. Been there for years. Made my day finding it. Simple things hey!!
Wood Kitchen utensil Font Nickel Tool

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
20,785 Posts
Fitting a new dash into the car and found a long lost item that has annoyed me losing it. Bought this with hard earned cash when I was a young fella messing around with model plane’s and there it was sitting inconspicuously between the dash pad and the windscreen. Been there for years. Made my day finding it. Simple things hey!!
View attachment 546047
You should take that around to idiots and see if you can help him out with those Gallstones he's been complaining about. :ROFLMAO:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
54,696 Posts
Not sure where to put this, here will do I suppose. A friend of my wife posted the following on social media. Interesting. I was raised by my Grandmother, not my parents, her values are still heavily embedded in my make up 76 years later.

I grew up in Western Australia and never once thought I was raised by lower income parents during a time when most everyone treated each other with respect.
We thought fast food was considered a treat, not a food group.
We drank Cordial made from water that came from our kitchen sink with real sugar.
We ate polony or cheese sandwiches, Vegemite or peanut sandwiches. Homemade meals consisting of meat, potatoes, vegetables, sometimes with bread & butter, and homemade dessert was the norm.
We grew up during a time when we mowed lawns, pulled weeds, helped inside and outside chores babysat, helped neighbors with chores to be able to earn our own money.
We went outside a lot to play, fish , swim in the creek, made mud pies,ride bikes, run around our siblings, cousins, friends & played hide and seek and brought home who knows how many friends ,we made up games. We never felt bored.
We drank tap water from the water hose outside... bottled water was unheard of. If we had a coke -it was in a glass bottle ... and we didn’t break the bottle when finished …
We watched TV shows like Hey hey it’s Saturday,Monkey,Scooby doo, Alf, Different Strokes, Full House, Countdown, Gilligan's Island, Happy Days, Batman,Bewitched, The Brady Bunch, The Sullivans, Prisoner, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Dads army,Dukes of Hazzard and Mash. After school, we came home and did homework and chores, before going outside or having friends over.
We would ride our bikes for hours. We had to tell our parents where we were going, who we were going with, and be home when the street lights came on or yelled at to come home.
You LEARNED from your parents instead of disrespecting them, and treating them as if they knew absolutely nothing. What they said was LAW, and you did not question it, only talked when asked an question. Be seen but not heard.
In school we sang and stood for the National Anthem, and listened to our teachers.
We watched what we said around our elders because we knew if we DISRESPECTED any grown-up we would get our behinds kicked, it wasn't called abuse, it was called discipline!
We held doors, carried groceries, and gave up our seat for an older person without being asked. You didn't hear swear words on the radio in songs or TV, and if you swore and got caught you had a bar of soap stuck in your mouth and grounded.
“Please, Thank you, yes please, no thank you, may I were part of our daily vocabulary!
You grew up to respect our Country, and the flag.
The world we live in now is so full of thriving crooked people, hate and disrespect for others
Re-post if you're thankful for your childhood. I will never forget where I came from and only wish children now days had half the chance at the fun and respect for real life we grew up with!
✨
♥️

·
Registered
nissan gq
3,126 Posts
Aahh memories,I guess we were social neighbours,did you get breadcrumb sprinkles on your mud pies ?? :D I agree totally,and have good children and nearly as good grandchildren who have fended off most of the chit practiced by their peers,but we all see appalling behaviour sometimes and worry about the countries future.The examples of corruption in commerce,government media et al which is glossed over as the norm is setting an example for the future. Now we have putin threatening nuclear war in europe,the guy has lost his marbles and the russian people must step up while there is time or it is all over !!

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
20,785 Posts
Getting my gear ready to head up to the river this weekend. Will be nice to be able to put some of the bulky stuff (Swag etc) on the trailer instead of cramming it into the car.
Bloody flooded everywhere Softy..be careful, lancer missing a gearstick.

7281 - 7300 of 7324 Posts