Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What mods should GUEY make to his new 'Ride'

19K views 330 replies 23 participants last post by  Yeti's Beast 
#1 · (Edited)
Seeing as GUEY's signature states "currently not a vehicle owner" maybe this could fill the void, all suggestions gratefully accepted, first up I'd be fitting a grenade engine to it. See new ride below.

GUEY. "Going to be a bit of a project. Will give me something to do for a bit anyway".

See less See more
#3 ·
Righto, so to set the mood...
I haven't even seen this thing in the flesh yet. It's at my partners dads place as he picked it up for me yesterday 🍻
What do I know.about it so far.... the chain drive is seized
It has a non original motor as the original must have grenaded. Engine turns freely so hopefully might still go.
Has sat in a paddock for four years
Has four flat tyres
It was a p rick to load on the ute due to all of the above (oops)

Future plans... rat rod look or hot rod look maybe like this :unsure:

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Outdoor power equipment

#29 ·
Lets keep it simple. Truck stack out through the bonnet with frog flapper, 1 3/4" should do it. Fake beadlock rings. Nudge/bullbar. Horn, useful for getting the wife's attention without having to get off the mower and go in the house. Small lightbar for those late afternoon winter mows. Small matching trailer. Small tank and pump unit on removeable frame over bonnet to spray weeds without having to walk around. Satin black paint with ally checkerplate mudguards. 8 ball shift lever. Racing billet pedal covers. LED flashing beacon. Raked stance. Neg camber fronts.Vinyl wrap ghost skulls. Holden/Chev badge. Barra turbo conversion, running 98 premium diesel.

#31 ·
Oh oh, don't forget the front dozer blade for leveling out the ground for another slab. [emoji106] Tune the carby to run some avgas or Shell A in the fuel for quicker mowing. [emoji41]

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

#46 · (Edited)
I don't think that model can be registered for road use, so it's track use only. No need for mod plate on a track vehicle. Probably wouldn't pass emissions test or brake swerve test.
I think that model also failed the moose test.

Reactions: Foo
#42 ·
It's alive!!!!
Carby stripped and cleaned along with tank. Coil all cleaned up and a new plug.
Has new wheel bearings on the front, four new inner tubes and new rear drive bearing.
Waiting on a sprocket and will grab some new blades tomorrow.
Might have it home and mowing Saturday.

Or I could do what weekends are meant for and go fishing and sleep [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#53 ·
Just spray it flat black n make it look fooly sic with a power pipe up the back of it. 🤣 🤣

Foo

#59 ·
Sucks to have good mates, doesn't it? 😇 🤣

Foo

Reactions: GUEY
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.