Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i am contemplating on building a gq comp car now i have my touring gq sotred.
what motor would you use?

this is my list of motors in order of prefference.
cummins 6cyl turbo diesel
td42 turbo diesel
cummins 4cyl turbo diesel
ls1/3
351 clevo

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Cummins 6Cyl :toothmis:

·
united fuel injection
Nissan
2,633 Posts
TD42 mate i make it fukn hammer for ya!!!!!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im thinking thats the go i know the td42 inside out now

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
TD42 mate i make it fukn hammer for ya!!!!!!!
^^
That's actually an understatement.
now I need a big 'koff clutch.

Cummins is too heavy. If you wanna go big dollars stick a twin turbo Duramax in it.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Eagle Auto Parts

or

or

But without knowing what comps your thinking about, you could go

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Old Jag V12 for somthing different ahahaha

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
I like GenII Chev. Old style fitment and accessory mounts etc but much better than the early version. Can have any fuel you want and carb or efi. Will suit any trans you want and kits to fit are everywhere. And cost effective for what you get from it.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
TD42T, big turbo +lots of fuel, spend some money on cooling, Right foot on loud pedal, left foot brake, 3rd gear low everywhere, keep the rev's up, expect to bust everything except the motor. . . and you will probably win!

·
Registered
nissan
448 Posts
Whatever is cheapest to rebuild.
If your doing it for funzies, get something that will be competitive but as cheap as you can.

if you go out with a BURNING DESIRE to win everything then i think a crazy LS might be the go...

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
to win everything, i think a crazy LS might be the go...
You can only use about 250rwkw driving winch comps, more. . . and you bust to much stuff constantly and that means not finishing at all:(, nearly all race trucks run under 200rwkw for that reason. its not like drag racing,

a td42t is 'cheap' to buy, run, maintain, and replace, bolt on bits are readily available, they develop around 170-200rwkw on 35's fairly easily, and they are simple(if there is an issue. . . lift the bonnet and its a 10second job to point at whats wrong), not to mention you cant kill them with a stick, and they run on their side.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
You can only use about 250rwkw driving winch comps,
he hasnt mentioned what comps he wants to do yet. OBC? Tuff Truck? Winch? Offroad champs etc.. they all would go something slightly different even though you can use the same one in more than one event. Also depends if you want to win or just get the fawk out there and have fun..

nearly all race trucks run under 200rwkw for that reason.
they are? Things have changed, but then again, depends on what type of comps

a td42t is 'cheap' to buy, run, maintain, and replace, bolt on bits are readily available
Which has more bolt on bits do you think out of V8's and a TD? Which would be less stressed at 200kw?

not to mention you cant kill them with a stick, and they run on their side.
agree.

First thing he needs to mention is WHAT BUDGET??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
was thinking more winch challenges.
budget not much point as anything i have done in the past they blow out to 2 3 4 times what you set.
at this stage im thinking td42 as i have 2 in the shed but i also like to be different.
but it is all food for thought at the moment as i dont know weather to do this or buy a boat.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts