Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum having recently purchased a 2000 3.0Lt GU II and am inpressed with the wealth of info here.

I am looking at a few mods in the not to distant future and am interested in what ones should go in first.

I have just bought a snorkle and will fit it next week and would like to fit a EGT and boost guages, look at blocking the EGR and a catch can as a start. Turbo Timer and an Intercooler fan if I start going off road a fair bit. Possibly a chip sometime down the track if I can find one that wouldnt send a small country broke!

Most of my useage is as a daily driver and to tow my boat to the ramp. Have had 4x4's in the past (Hilux, Niva and a Sierra that didnt stop) and will probbably get back into getting dirty pretty soon.

Any advice on where to start first would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
Starting with the Boost & EGT gauge is a good idea so you can tell what is going on with the engine.
Blocking the EGR & installing a catch can should come next.

·
Registered
nissan
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Skegbudley, got an idea on where to start the budget now! Cheers!

·
Registered
757 Posts
blocking the EGR and fittind a catch can are the cheapest mods you can do on you Patrol.

You only need to buy a catch can which will cost you around $60

1 - 4 of 4 Posts