Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing a new radiator on the bus its a td42 auto, removing auto cooling out of radiator so does not have to auto capatable, what have u used and how has it handled trips ie simpson and other hard running lookind at alloy cross flow any suggestions?

·
Registered
nissan
317 Posts
x2...... Get original recored... Triple core ally radiators unless your using an aussie desert cooler are useless......... Others may disagree but after many hours researching your better off recoring your original.....

·
Registered
nissan
1,731 Posts

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Go with a stocka replacement
Just done the radiator in the TB42 (auto) GQ and went the copper/steel tank replacement (rather than the alloy/plastic tank factory set up)
No issues as of yet,but IF im goin to tow large loads and frequently id be running a remote trans cooler

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you are replacing the rad go the little bit extra and reploace the mounting rubbers aswell. available from nissan. They go hard and when your truck flexes they dont and you can crack your rad.
Experiance tells the story.
I had to remove my 6 month old rad and re solder all the straps because of this. I now have new rubbers. All good

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,552 Posts
Go a copper one. It will handle a lot more punishment than an alu one with the TD42.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
mate just replaced his GU rad with a 52mm desert cooler alloy one fixed his over heating issues, twin cored, think they are something around 20x4mm tubes or there about there decent size way more flow capacity than standard tubes in standard rad

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
Just orderred a new one for my GQ from Nationwide as well. Mine is also an auto and I have a tranny cooler fitted but wish to keep using the radiator cooler also. I am assuming that when I disconnect all the lines and replace the radiator I am also going to need to add tranny fluid? Do I need to plug the tranny lines so I do not lose too much? What is the easiest and cleanest way to do this?

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi
why is there a $104.50 price diff for GQ auto to mav auto
thought they were same ?
GQ $456.50
Mav $561.00
i may be wrong / not first time :headwall:

Daryl

·
Registered
nissan patrol
338 Posts
get the original recored with a triple core ,but make shure they put the mounting brackets forward by 1cm on the tanks or the tanks will hit the front radiator supports also leave the auto tanks in radiator just in case the alternative cooling method fails ,you can always revert back to standard

·
Registered
nissan gq
90 Posts
it is too, i thought you may have selected one as heavy duty but there is no heavy duty for the mav.

as to them being the same, i thought they were too.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ SWB
110 Posts
I'm glad I chose the GQ one then!! Never even thought about looking for a MAV one. It doesn't look like they make a HD one for the petrol auto which is a shame as thats the one I wanted. Don't think re-coring my current one is an option as 6 months ago it saw that much welding to repair the thing and brought it back from the dead, but now it is leaking again so I figured a new one was going to be better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts