Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a mk ute with no wheel flares yet (work in progress) i bought 33/12.5/r15 the rims have a landcruiser offset so -22 but the wheels stick out nearly 8 cm's now i can get flares t cover these BUT when my suspension flexes im worried that the tyre will barely tuck up under the guard

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
I've got -22 and mine tuck fine although they do rub on the inner guard and grab the indicator splash guard in the front wheel well.

All easy to put up with what tyres did you get?
I have bighorns, I also made flairs from garden edging to cover the tyre

Pic of flairs

Wide enough to fit a stubby on yet flexible enough to put up with rubbing trees

·
Registered
nissan
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i also have bighorns and the top pic.. i have a 3" lift... what do you have??

you didnt need to cut guards because tht out of the question

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
I have 2 inch body lift I'm not sure about springs they were in it when I bought it, although I'm sure leaves have been removed.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
If in doubt
Chop them out
(The guards that is)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Only slightly related to wheel offset,

My aftermarket steel 15x7 rims that came with my 80 MQ SWB, when put on the front diff/axle assembley from an 85 MK SWB, foul the brake calipers so much the wheels wont turn.
I didnt realise there was a different caliper (or something) between the two models?
Can anybody explain whats different and why?

I cant remember the offset of the two different sets of rims, but was at least 5-10mm difference between them)

·
Registered
nissan
361 Posts
i have 33x12.5 bighorns on what i think is -22 offset rims and a 2" shock lift.

I only get a tiny bit of rub on absolute full flex.

My tyres stick about about a good 8cm too, i have factory flares but have also bought some garden edging for the sides which i haven't got around to putting on yet.

I am on p plates and have no flares or mud guards and have been driving around for like last 6 or so months and yet to be even looked at by the plod!

·
Registered
164 Posts
-39 and -44 with 35x12.5 and 36x12.5

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Wighty, your spare wheel is Waaaaaayy too clean......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts