Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan safari
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done the lift, got wicked vibes at 40km/h.
Added 12mm of spacers so far. Vibes now at 95km/h.
Still a bit grumbly at low speeds too.
I'm interested to hear what thickness of spacers anyone else has put in.

PS. Don't need to be told about control arms and the like, that's the next phase.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I would be looking at other posible causes of vibrations 2" lift should not cause a vibration

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
agreed, take the spacers out and find the real cause.
I run 80mm lift on one and there is no vibration.

make sure the Universals are in phase, I think someone has assembled a slip yoke one spline over or something. :)

·
Registered
Nissan safari
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does it help if I tell you it's a SWB?
Thanks for the replies to date, but why do you doubt what I have said?
Before the lift, no issues with vibration.
I put in a 2" lift and I got vibration issues, just like shi* loads of posts on this forum have suggested will happen.
Numerous posts recommend fitting spacers, unfortunately, no-one states what size spacers they have fitted, just that they have.
Thats's all i want to know, so back to my question ...what size gearbox spacers have you fitted with your 2" lift?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Helps if you give the whole picture when you post asking for advice... do we need to guess what model SWB you have too?

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
Don't be lazy sheesh. There is no phase of lift for a shorty. Do it right the first time round or be up for your next "phase" followed closely by overhauling the diff and transfer. Lol

Get some adjustable upper arms. They are only $330 or so from Superior engineering and they are 1) adjustable and 2) strong. Using them you will be able to adjust the diff pinion angle to minimise vibration with the standard shaft. And when/if you get a double cardan you will still be able to adjust the diff pinion angle so that it works properly.

Besides - dropping the gearbox crossmember after you lift it is a pretty dumbarse idea anyway as it defeats the point of lifting the vehicle to begin with and then the transfer case hangs further down below the chassis rails with no protection. Dropping the gearbox crossmember should be reserved for people who don't actually use 4wd and just want to look cool driving to the shops.

http://www.carcraft.com/howto/91758/index.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts