Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning sand out of the truck and found this directly under the dash on the mud mats under the drivers side, is anyone able to identify it as I have looked everywhere and can't find anything missing, thought it might have had something to do with a pedal pin retaining mechanism but if it is it's not obvious. Now before anyone suggests it, I did think it may have been the pin from the hand grenade but remembered I replaced that with a steel one in 2006 :).

Got me stumped, as you can see there was grease on it????????????????????

P1100288.jpg

P1100290.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
279 Posts
Go check if you're brake lights are on by themselves....

Few weeks ago little chips of white plastic were falling on my feet while driving. Couldn't figure it out. Turns out the switch mechanism for the foot brake is a "reverse" switch activated when the pedal leaves it's up most position. One of the contact surfaces is a white plastic bit. I assume it looked a bit like what you're holding when it was intact....
When the plastic bit deteriorates and falls out/apart, the switch is never turned off and the brake lights are forever on. Temp solution, replace with similar sized bolt held with electrical tape so it doesn't escape.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go check if you're brake lights are on by themselves....

Few weeks ago little chips of white plastic were falling on my feet while driving. Couldn't figure it out. Turns out the switch mechanism for the foot brake is a "reverse" switch activated when the pedal leaves it's up most position. One of the contact surfaces is a white plastic bit. I assume it looked a bit like what you're holding when it was intact....
When the plastic bit deteriorates and falls out/apart, the switch is never turned off and the brake lights are forever on. Temp solution, replace with similar sized bolt held with electrical tape so it doesn't escape.
Hmm! yes, Thanks, will check out that switch in the morning, but I had to replace one blown brake globe today so I know for sure that is working fine.

No the 2000 didn't have hand throttle (unfortunately).

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU iii
434 Posts
Yep I think angrybird hit the nail on the head I had the same thing happen a few months back. The top part busted into pieces. It had a sort of waxy feel to it.

It went into my shoe while I was driving... that was a thrilling experience. There was still enough of it to fix the light by popping it back in upside down. So I've just dodgied mine up for the time being but if anyone comes across a part number I'd love to know it too.

Scottie

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
pretty sure its off the little cable that is on the accelerator pedal just a dampener

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guy's appreciate your time, I spent an hour checking everything I could find under there and both the brake and clutch "pads" are still in tact as is the TPS pad. Got me buggered, guess I'll find out what it is when it falls off!!!!!!

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,221 Posts
Not where the fuel lid cable or bonnet cable goes thru?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm, another look tomorrow, didn't even think of that. I suppose at 15 I can expect a few things to wear out, will let you know tomorrow, thanks again.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
329 Posts
If the zd's are the same as the late td's it's for the cruise control. That piece you have is half of what it should be and it belongs on the break and clutch pedals to press in micro switches to keep the cruise engaged.

Have a look on the pedals for a small micros switch and a small hole opposite

Hope that makes sense

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks wessa but I had checked those and both clutch and brake contact pads are still there, checked bonnet puller and fuel cap puller this morning and they are also both intact, got me buggered. The bit sits on the shelf above my laptop now and it's mocking me :confused:.

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Right at the top of the clutch pedal arm where the tension spring is attached. The spring is hooked through something like this.
That's my guess. ;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
329 Posts
Thanks wessa but I had checked those and both clutch and brake contact pads are still there, checked bonnet puller and fuel cap puller this morning and they are also both intact, got me buggered. The bit sits on the shelf above my laptop now and it's mocking me :confused:.
buggar sorry mate, i know how you feel, drives me nuts

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
How are you going with it Geeyoutoo. The suspense is killing me. I reckon I might be on the money.:roll:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How are you going with it Geeyoutoo. The suspense is killing me. I reckon I might be on the money.:roll:
I'm going to try and check today if all goes well, I'm a bit slow at the moment, I re cracked a bloody rib 2 days ago.........................

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
I'm going to try and check today if all goes well, I'm a bit slow at the moment, I re cracked a bloody rib 2 days ago.........................
Bugger, they are painfull........! I will never forget when I broke 2 and fractured 2, I had the missus roll me out of bed before she went to work and I wouldnt sit down all day till she got home in fear of not being able to get back up lol.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WTF are you doing??!!!
Wish I bloody knew, Pam is banning me from doing anything.............................. I've got another MAFv Modifier to build for a guy, so I'm gonna take my time and sit in the shed for a few days :).

·
Registered
nissan
2,771 Posts
Don't be a wuss - not as painful as a kidney stone, just ask 45/70 :)

As an experienced user of both types of pain I can attest that........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts