Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

What thread type for pyro

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  EagleBay 
#1 ·
Organising an exhaust but the maker requires thread type for the pyro take off, I havent purchased the pyro yet but are the pyro threads all the same on the different brands, if not what brand would be recommended and what thread type, hoping someone here will have an easy answer...................

#4 ·
I had the same dilema when i bought my Scotts Exhaust. His solution was to weld a 20mm steel adapter into the dump and to drill and tap the 20 mm plug for your size pyro when you get it.(its big enough for all pyros) It worked a treat. doesnt look too untidy either as its covered by the heat shield.

#5 ·
I got an auberins, it came with a 1/8 NPT thread on the probe dooflicky, which, as it turns out, is a pain in the butt kind of thread to find (you wont find one at bunnings). I got one from pirtek at great expense to the management, and cut it in half; welded to the dump pipe.

I kept the dump pipe / cat assembly when i got my 2 3/4" exhaust fitted, will put it in classifieds in case someone doesnt have welding skills to modify it them self..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.