Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is that I will be getting a company car soon, so the GU patrol will become my weekender.

Issue: Needs new shoes

Dilemma: I want MT MTZ but now that it is only a weekender is it worth spending that coin on it. Or do I just go a bighorn type tyre????

Why MT MTZ coz I like em and bro inlaw is getting some sweet on road KM's out of his towing 1.5t daily. Should I need on roading.....

When sitting how long until the rubber "goes off"??
All of these sort of Q's.....

What to do....?????? oh hum

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,908 Posts
I'm in a similar situation, where my patrol is only used for off road trips. I went for Federal Couragia MTs & will get them again next time. They are getting a bit noisy on the highway, after about 10k km but nothing the radio wont drown out. Off road they are fantastic, I'll easily get through mud that mates with BFG KM2s & double lockers have trouble with. I don't expect to get more than about 40k km out of them, but with the amount I drive it, that will be about 5 years, so they will be near the end of their life timewise anyway. My previous MTZs couldn't handle the power of the mighty 2.8 & I only got just over 50k Km out of them.:cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts