Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been Super lucky and my work is sending me to England to train in new techniques for repairing the machines associated with my job. I am there for 1 month and will have my weekends off.:punkrock:

I plan to see York and Manchester (as i will be staying in Chesterfield, Yorkshire)

Anyone else been there and know of stuff worth visiting? I want to make the most of my first time travelling as an adult.

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
go see a filiming of the most popular tv show, TopGear?
or you could, go see the flaming QUEENS house?
go for a ride on the big ferris wheel.

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
go see a filiming of the most popular tv show, TopGear?
or you could, go see the flaming QUEENS house?
go for a ride on the big ferris wheel.
Unfortunately all a long way from Chesterfield. I'd try to get to Chatsworth House, it's near to Chesterfield and probably the finest stately home in the UK. If that doesn't tickle your fancy there is the Peak District nearby - great walking and climbing county.

York is well worth a visit. A weekend in London would be worthwhile at the start or end of the trip (guessing you're flying to Heathrow), be prepared to spend a lot of money on not a lot! If you are in London a travelcard (available at all tube stations) will be your best friend.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
The Ashes.....

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shoot some cricketers for us.

And dont forget to double tap.

Ba ha ha ha ha Gold.

Littlechef... the peak district sounds like a go, used to be into rock climbing and i do love a good bushwalk, but i've never seen a stately home so i reckon that'll be a real possibility too. TG would be awesome... the chance to be shamed by Jeremy clarkson on international television...wow.

Thanks for the contributions so far....Keep the ideas coming guys

·
Registered
Nissan
1,620 Posts
be prepared to spend a lot of money on not a lot!
Your joking right? With the exchange rate as it currently is London is a bargain. Beer $5 a pint at the most expensive joint , Pub meals for less than $15...only accomadation is pricey but even that is helped by the ex rate.
Never been a cheaper time to visit.

·
Registered
nissan
61 Posts
Having lived in London for a year I would reccomend doing the following:
-hop on &hop off tours of london for one day, staying on the bus the whole time to get the lay out then spend the next day getting off where you think will be interesting.
-get a tube map, hop on and get lost in the tube system! it's so fun and easy and cheap to see most of the sites that way.
-catch a train to brighton, it's a beautiful sea side city, great for photo op's.
-go to a small 'real' english town for a night at a pubs B 'n B, meet locals and have a real experience.
-if u get a chance go to Cardif in Wales, beautiful city, nice helpful people and s&^tloads of uni chicks.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
if you want free beer in the pubs take one of these with you

·
Registered
636 Posts
One weekend

Leave Friday night from Chesterfield through Sheffield to Edale ( via the Hope valley ) Stay Friday night at Edale youth Hostel or Pub, Walk up Kinderscout, then to Whaley bridge via Winnat's Pass, then Glossop ( where the shop from Leauge of Gentlemen is ), Then go out for a night in Manchester and back to you accomadation. Then wake up Sunday Morning Go north on the M6 Mororway to Kirkby Lonsdale for breakfast over the river Lune ( Devils Bridge, if you are into Motorbikes is the place to visit especialy on a Sunday Morning there is thousands ) then over to Dent via the Barbon Fells. Take a walk anywhere you fancy up there it is beautiful. Then through Ingleton and down the A65 towards Settle and Skipton. Then Sunday evening back to Chesterfield.

I am sure anyone who has been to any of these places would recomend them. Do your research and if you would like I could give similar plans for your other weekends.

Cheers Gordo'

·
The Bear
nissan
2,407 Posts
or you could just see some snow, plenty of that and you dont even have to go out and watch dingbats on motorcycles trying to plough through it!!!

then theres the other great tourtist attractions, the sleet, and then there's the rain, or theres the fog, very colourful, verigated Grey I think they call it.

Enjoy, you lucky B.......

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Leave Friday night from Chesterfield through Sheffield to Edale ( via the Hope valley ) Stay Friday night at Edale youth Hostel or Pub, Walk up Kinderscout, then to Whaley bridge via Winnat's Pass, then Glossop ( where the shop from Leauge of Gentlemen is ), Then go out for a night in Manchester and back to you accomadation. Then wake up Sunday Morning Go north on the M6 Mororway to Kirkby Lonsdale for breakfast over the river Lune ( Devils Bridge, if you are into Motorbikes is the place to visit especialy on a Sunday Morning there is thousands ) then over to Dent via the Barbon Fells. Take a walk anywhere you fancy up there it is beautiful. Then through Ingleton and down the A65 towards Settle and Skipton. Then Sunday evening back to Chesterfield.

I am sure anyone who has been to any of these places would recomend them. Do your research and if you would like I could give similar plans for your other weekends.

Cheers Gordo'

That is very specific...... Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Cheers Gordo, i'll hit that one up for sure... and yes.... i freaking love motorbikes

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
then theres the other great tourtist attractions, the sleet, and then there's the rain, or theres the fog, very colourful, verigated Grey I think they call it.

Enjoy, you lucky B.......

True Ha ha ha, unlike the beautiful weather we are experiencing round here at the moment. :rolleyes: . I'll think of you when i'm enjoying the english countryside and your in wello point enjoying the P platers doing fat laps and rippin single leggers in in their falcodores. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts